Thread: WTF!

2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

2. Banned
    The “experts” here said fishing tournaments weren’t included in that bill.

3. Member
    It reads like it might include Fishing.
    Red Sox in 6!

4. Banned
    The politicians have a loooong list of Hobbies they want to do away with. Soon it will be: Go to work, enjoy your electronic device, sleep, go back to work.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlarcher View Post
    The politicians have a loooong list of Hobbies they want to do away with. Soon it will be: Go to work, enjoy your electronic device, sleep, go back to work.
    Don't forget "and send money, lots of it".

6. Banned
    Red herring alert.. Just go about your daily routine... Dan

7. Member
    Good lord I hope Illinois doesn't catch wind of this. They already hate the 2nd amendment ... now fishing!... good grief! I am just waiting to be taxed on the air that I breathe.

8. Member
    Local radio station is the one that posted the link. The first sentence is the key since Politicians from Albany south have no interest in the other 75% of the state. The governor only won 40% of the counties but still was elected in because he won the most populated counties. They make laws specifically for NYC and downstate but the rest have to abide by them even though it doesn’t make sense up here. There’s a proposal that always comes around right after the election to separate NY into two diff states or entities and it always gets shut down because of tax reasons. Majority of the people up here actually refuse to go anywhere downstate

9. Member
    There is literally nothing new here from the last time this thread topic was posted. Since we are complaining about it again, taking is referring to the keeping/killing of said species. Once again it says nothing about catch and live release tournaments. In the article John relates derbies to population control; i.e. the taking of wildlife.

"John Blocechl, who has taken part in past fishing derbies, says events like that help to control wildlife populations and are a positive thing. "People who don't participate in it are trying to legislate against it."

10. Member

11. Member
    hope they don't see the promo video of these poor bass being put in "captivity" in livewells

Quote Originally Posted by bhougham View Post
    Good lord I hope Illinois doesn't catch wind of this. They already hate the 2nd amendment ... now fishing!... good grief! I am just waiting to be taxed on the air that I breathe.
    Don’t worry give JB some time he will have a tax for that too. My buddy is fireman and he gets the privilege of listening to these morons at some union meetings. I can’t believe some of the chit he spews after listening to guys like Madigan and JB. The answer is always more taxes for everything.

Isn't it ironic that the same folks that oppose harvesting wildlife are so enthusiastic about killing human babies up to a day before they would be born? There's a WTF moment for you to ponder. Unless there is a tax on abortions, I may have missed that.

And, I might add, that I'm not opposed to abortion, for the simplistic reason that there WILL be abortions. The poor girls will get butchered in back alleys, the way it used to be, and the rich girls will be flown off to a foreign country and have it done by a real Dr. in a real medical facility...and THAT is my only reason for supporting legalization of abortion.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhougham View Post
    Maybe the FOID could be extended to firearms and fishing.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS