Thread: Insurance

Insurance

Who all do you guys use for your Bike insurance.
    ours is progressive and to me its really high in my opinion for what we have.
    my Boat is insured for twice the value of my Harley and the Harley insurance is twice as high as the boat.
    just seems off to me so thinking I might need to shop around a little.

2. Member
    I ended up going with State Farm, I have auto & home insurance too, very reasonable price. I priced Geico, Progressive, and Harley insurance, they were all very high.

3. Member
    I've had Progressive and Geico in the past. I needed Geico road side once, they did a good job. Thank goodness never needed either on a claim. I called my local State Farm agent this time and the rates were great. So I kept everything with him.

Just got a price today of $277 for full coverage for a year. Not sure who it’s with yet. Not Arabella that’s for sure.

5. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    I have State Farm for all my insurance for many years. Since it's a 2018 it's expensive.

6. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Your bike will be higher than your boat due to the theft rate of HD’s and the fact that wrecking that bike is much greater than a boat. They figure a bike will be on the road more than a boat in the water I’m sure. I have both boat, bikes, and cars with progressive.

7. Member
    I have 2 bikes, a Honda Goldwing and a Harley Road King Classic and both are insured with Progressive for $200 a year. I am happy with that amount, cheaper than Geico in this instance.

8. Member
    I have Progressive and that costs me $140 a year. But we can only use our bikes for about half the year cuz of the weather.

9. Member
    five bikes, two with liability only, two with liability and comprehensive.(500. deductible)
    one with full coverage. (500 deductible)
    $ 230.00 per year with progressive. (multi policy platinum level)

10. Member
    Not to ask a dumb question but is that for a motorcycle or B-I-K-E ?

11. Member
    yep, dumb question, three Harley's, one Big Dog, one Honda......they are all tagged as motorcycles
    btw this forum is called Bass boat central bikers.

12. Member

13. Member
    With Progressive, when I had to lay it down last year (not my fault, other driver cited) I submitted the claim through them. They came over for the initial estimate next day, then the amendment for additional repairs the dealer found, and had the check cut within the first couple of weeks. I had my deductible back from the other insurance and in my hand before the bike was fixed so ended up costing me nothing out of pocket.