2003 Yamaha 250 HPDI Skeg Guard

I have a 2003 Yamaha 250 HPDI, VZ250TLRC and have torn a couple of inches off of the skeg. I'd like to add a skeg guard but can not find one to fit...Anybody have an suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Jack
    @jackdalzellfishing

I suggest you get it repaired properly so you can retain control of the boat. The skeg guard can, and most likely will, fall off while running. Then the rear will start to slide out, next thing you know you are spinning around.
    Steve
    2006 BassCat Puma
    2006 Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Team Daiwa!

3. Member
    The proper fit skeg guard will work well and look nice. Most on the board will give you a hard time about installing one. I have done it a couple times with absolutely no problems. Make sure after the first couple trips you check the bolts for tightness. Good to go!

4. Member
    Try Megaware, they Should have it
    2010 Xpress X19 200 HPDI

5. Member
    I might be wrong but I don't think they make a skeg guard for the 250 HPDI, the skeg is slightly bent to the side on purpose. If you do find one let me know so I can get one for my skeg.

6. Tony C
    Tore a few inches off my skeg five years ago. Local shop fixed it, welded on a new skeg. If you go that route, make sure the repair shop is familiar with repairing lower units.
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

7. Member
    Panther Martin has a cambered skeg guard made to replace the SHO skeg. It is cambered just like the factory skeg!

Yamaha Outboard V Max SHO 200-225-250 4 2013 - Present 35-SS720

8. Member
    Thanks for all the replies.....I wonder if the Panther will fit the 2003 HPDI...it's not listed.

9. Member
    Sounds like a call to insurance and time to have it repaired or get a new case. I’m not gonna play around with a damaged skeg and hope it does ok. I could not believe that it would not effect speed to have a bigger/thicker skeg and more drag.