My droopy power pole

I have 2 8 ft power pole blades. We were fishing a tournament one night on the Tennessee river when a storm blew in, we went into an empty boat house and poled down, soon after we decided to also tie the boat off and not long after that we decided that the storm was about to rip the cleat out of the boat so me and my partner both grabbed a post of the boat house while sitting in the boat and hung on for dear life. After about an hour of this, tropical storm "what the heck just happened" passed and we started to head back out fishing. We dug our fingernails out of the posts, then removed the ropes but when I tried to raise the power poles I had some trouble getting one of the two to react. After 3 or 4 attempts the pole finally decided to raise up and since that day has actually worked fine except when it is fully raised after a few minutes it will slightly leak down but stop. Theres no fluid leaking out and if I hit the button to raise it, it will jump right back into place. I put it in a shop to have fixed once but the guy running the shop charged me $248 and put a cable tie on the inside of it holding it together where it wouldn't drop down and I couldnt see the tie. I talked to power pole, what they said does make sense, they said I would need to send the pump for that unit in to be rebuilt. But before I remove both my power poles just before spring fishing, I thought I would ask if anyone else had a similar problem and a fix. Thanks

I had a similar thing happen to me. I can't help you with a fix other than calling PP. I called and told them one of mine was "drooping" and they sent me a new pump (I'm still under warranty). They did ask me to send the old pump back .. and I did. This probably doesn't help you, but it's what I did.

3. Member
    Thanks mysuzytoo actually that helps alot, I've just been procrastinating about taking it off because it still worked besides just being a little lazy about staying up tight. The customer service I've seen with PP has always appeared to be head and shoulders above most so I was already pretty certain what they told me would be the route I would need to go. Thanks

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Send the pump in. Believe it is a 3 day turnaround and you will be back to fishing.. no having to take it to an ASC certified service center to diagnose issue.. them having to order parts, and you having to bring it back and have it worked on like "some other" companies would have you do. No jumping thru hoops with Power Pole should an issue arrise. you need it they get it to you and you are back on the water.