Might have installed new base map update wrong!

I hope this is fixable and I seen the normal base map on my unit or so I thought!! When I looked at my update page I seen basemap: ---- I thought that's weird and I looked at my map page and seen lakes and etc no contours or etc but it's there. I guess there was a previous update...humminbird didn't say hey guys if your new unit is a older g2n u will need to update this one first?? I done all the crap to put on sd card and done all the steps and it was at 40% last I looked a came back later and it said (error photo not loaded) or something like that there was no 100% done just that error thing. I looked at map page after and it was different it showed streams and more city names and some lakes with contours. Did I mess something up were I didn't have the first Basemap update thanks. Also the basemap now says update 1.051 or 52 instead of ----

2. Member
    Version 1.051 is the most current version of Basemaps. Based on looking at your prior post, looks like you had a Helix 10 MEGA SI G2N model with software version 1.35. That would indicate it had the older basemaps version because the new version was released with software 1.46. Did you first update your unit software to a version later than 1.35?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

There is no older or newer Humminbird Basemap. Basemap is the 2017 coverage for Lakemaster.
    There are three versions of Basemap and they are different file sizes based on the unit model.
    The smallest file size is for Helix 5 G2 and Helix 7 G2 models--1.052
    The largest file size is for the larger Helix G2N models--1.051
    The middle file size is for the ONIX and SOLIX--1.031
    They are not interchangeable.

Any unit made after July 2017 had the Basemap already installed--there is no map update for those.
    Units before then had ContourXD, the Helix 5 G2 may have had Uni-map.
    After Basemap is loaded you have two built-in map files to chose from, ContourXD or Humminbird Basemap.
    All Helix newer units have those same two built-in map files.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    So I am fine then my unit had no basemap version number just this ----. Yes I updated unit to 1.900 first before I did update, I just thought something went wrong we're it said error and didn't show 100% done and it seemed to end update quick I just wonder we're it said error if certain lakes we're not put on there.

Quote Originally Posted by jldean23 View Post
    So I am fine then my unit had no basemap version number just this ----. Yes I updated unit to 1.900 first before I did update, I just thought something went wrong we're it said error and didn't show 100% done and it seemed to end update quick I just wonder we're it said error if certain lakes we're not put on there.
    The large file, 1.051, is more than 8 GB. Sort of takes a long time to download and to install.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Another thing, if Lakemaster did not have the waters you want included in that year issue map card, you won't have it with Basemap.

Also ContourXD is the 2006 coverage that Navionics had with Hotmaps Premium and Gold map cards.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    I bought a zero lines card to make my own anyway. I was just worried I messed something up since it said error but as long as my unit says version 1.051 then I am good to go then right?

I bought a zero lines card to make my own anyway. I was just worried I messed something up since it said error but as long as my unit says version 1.051 then I am good to go then right?
    ?????? Error means something.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    It said in a little box we're it did have the box that said do not turn of unit while updating and had the 40% download.
    Then I went and looked again and it had removed the download box and in a small box said (error photo not downloaded) it didn't 100% done just the error box.

10. Member
    Did you extract the zipped basemap update file after copying it to your computer? There should be 10 files totaling about 9.08GB. HBBMWD.K01 thru HBBMWD.K09 and HBBMWD.KIM
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

11. Member
    Yeah I did all the steps highlighted all the files and copy and pasted to the card.

12. Member
    It said in a little box we're it did have the box that said do not turn of unit while updating and had the 40% download.
    Then I went and looked again and it had removed the download box and in a small box said (error photo not downloaded) it didn't 100% done just the error box.
    Did you have any issues with your Basemap update after all was said and done, or did everything end up being ok even tho you had the “error photo not downloaded” message?

13. Member
    I’m kinda in the same situation, I did the most recently released update for my helix g2 mega and saw ..... for a Basemap file after I did the 1.9 update.

14. Member
    You’ll have to download the Basemap update now, it’s separate from the 1.9