Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbreaux View Post
    I also went with Aluminum trailer which looks great. I do alot of marsh fishing so the NO carpet option and aluminum trailer were a must for me.
    I didn't even realize aluminum trailer was an option. Guess that's what I get for picking one off the showroom floor and not custom ordering
    2019 Vexus 1880, merc 115

2. Member
    Guess who got a call on Friday from their dealer?? First question I asked, if it had carpet, lol. He made sure it didn't have carpet before he called me. Stated will take a few days to prep and go through the rest of their checklist. Should be able to get it either Mon, Tues, or Weds at the latest.

3. Member
    OMFG. You can't make this shit up.

It's the wrong ****in color. Ordered Summit White, in came Apricot. Apparently when my dealer ordered the boat and looked at my order sheet, he saw how the top picture of the Vexus is orange by default. He somehow missed seeing White listed.

The new boat that came in this time was a 2020 too.
    Last edited by BoatNoobie; 06-25-2019 at 06:31 PM.

4. Member
    So the first boat that came in with carpet was apricot, I never saw this boat. I did see it posted on their website but I just assumed they got one from Vexus.

I requested a refund since this isn't a Vexus issue and they won't cut me in line. I'll have to wait another 8-10 weeks again. Not worth the short season.

Damn it.

You have got to be kidding me!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    You have got to be kidding me!!
    It just wasn't meant to be. I plan on placing an order in late Jan or early Feb next year. Unless I happen to see a promo for mercury or something that makes it worth it to buy earlier.

Maybe there will be better offerings. Different options. From competitors. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    It just wasn't meant to be. I plan on placing an order in late Jan or early Feb next year. Unless I happen to see a promo for mercury or something that makes it worth it to buy earlier.

Maybe there will be better offerings. Different options. From competitors. We shall see.
    Sent you a PM
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

8. Member
    Well hell, I just got a call from Keith Daffron out of all people. I almost didn't pick up because it was an out of state number and they are typically spam calls. It wasn't flagged for spam, so I went ahead and picked it up.

After our chat, I decided to go ahead and order now again, lol. Dealer will be calling later to finalize things.

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    isn't funny how things work out

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    isn't funny how things work out

lol I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch. I'll celebrate with a nice cold real sugar Coca Cola bottle once the papers are signed. Until then, business as usual, tomorrow is another day.

11. Banned
    Hopefully you got a free t shirt or 15" solix you know either one...

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Well hell, I just got a call from Keith Daffron out of all people. I almost didn't pick up because it was an out of state number and they are typically spam calls. It wasn't flagged for spam, so I went ahead and picked it up.

After our chat, I decided to go ahead and order now again, lol. Dealer will be calling later to finalize things.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. Member
    Well, I’m sorry that you went through all of that. I can’t really imagine how I might feel in the same situation. What I do know is the Vexus Team is a very high quality group of people. People you would want as neighbors, as church members, and as friends. I believe they will do their upmost to get you a boat as quickly as possible, and make you happy that you stayed with Vexus after this snafu.

I know you are going to be happy with the Vexus boat once it arrives, and I’m hoping it is soon.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 06-27-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

Third Times a Charm

Keith is a stand up guy and the Vexus team will make things right. They have a proven track record with making the owners satisfied with their purchase. The dealer is representing their brand, so it is does indirectly reflect on them. Undoubtedly Keith will follow it through the process until you are satisfied.

Once you do get it, you will love it. Congrats.......again
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

16. Banned
    You'd be hard pressed to find a better group of people in the boating/fishing industry today, there's no doubt about that.

17. Member
    Looks like my dealer updated their site with my second boat. Check out the custom glove box. Really sharp.

18. Member
    Hate to hear about your struggle. I guess you were right when you stated that the wait begins. I would be interested to know what Vexus is doing for you in light of your situation. I have a down payment on one from a marine about 4 hours from my house, and have tried to pick it up on two different occasions and both times something wasn't right. In light of the trouble I have tried to get a little better deal, but no dice. My plan is to try again in a couple of weeks and see what happens. I'm excited but having to wait stinks. However, your story has made me a little more content with mine. Good luck to you, and I hope the final product exceeds expectation.

19. Member
    Officially 5 months since placing my order. I don't expect it til mid to late Sept. Maybe I'll be surprised and get it by my bday at the end of Aug.

I noticed the dealer sold my 2nd boat recently. Saw it showed pending a week or 2 ago and now no longer on the site. 1st one still there.

20. Member
    Hope you get it soon, and can’t wait to see the photos. Fall fishing is usually great around here. Hope you get it in time for your fall fishing.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast