Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Member
    Oh, I haven't had a lot of high temps with the poly interior but I do remember people with reservations about the surface being too hot. I've only taken the boat out 3 times and 1 of those times the temps were in the low to mid 80s. Being out baking in the sun, the surface was just warm. I could put my hand and feet onto it without issue. Now the seats. Those ****ers were blazing hot. Too hot to touch.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Congrats Grizzz! I did LOL at the "engine bay" comment.

Question though, where is your stripper pole for the trailer step? And it looks like the grip tape on bottom step is damaged.
    lol, yep , I think they call it a splash well with the remote drain plug mounted there. also , it had just arrived and they don't put the stripper pole on till later, and yes, the anti-skid tape got rolled up somehow, but was easily fixed. Thank you to everyone who made all the nice comments. they're finishing up hooking up the NMEA system today and had to order a water pressure sensor for the engine. will be finished tomorrow if the sensor comes in in time. still waiting on the EVINRUDE decal, but that's a 5 minute job to do so no biggy there.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Great looking boat!! You will love it more each time you take it out. Congrats!!

I like the new Vexus trailer logo, that is a change for 2020. I might have to order me one and change mine out.
    I notice that rite off too. it just has the wingman and VEXUS on it. just a little different.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

4. Member
    Grizzz hey I just noticed on pic of your boat that is not sitting on the front roller and looks like the step is almost touching boat unless that's just the way the pic looks ????

5. Banned
    Nobody cares about all the little issues he’s finding with a brand new boat? I would be pissed! Vexus needs to step up their game with the QC department ... if they even have one. That’s unacceptable! Sloppy work! Steering wheel is crooked, poly coating coming off, loose components, trailer is already showing rust ... WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Nobody cares about all the little issues he’s finding with a brand new boat? I would be pissed! Vexus needs to step up their game with the QC department ... if they even have one. That’s unacceptable! Sloppy work! Steering wheel is crooked, poly coating coming off, loose components, trailer is already showing rust ... WTF!
    You missed thin paint on hull with primer showing through, remote drain plug problems, bulging aluminum on floor and ice chest not draining.

I agree that the QC really sucks and I would not be happy at all after paying a premium price for a Vexus.

7. Banned
    And the answer is always take it back to the dealership and they will fix your issues. When I get a brand new boat I want to head to the lake not back to the dealership. They might as well make it a note to the customer, upon delivery of your new boat, there will likely be many issues, please go through your new boat and make a punch list of the things you are not happy with and return it to the dealership you purchased it from, please allow an additional two weeks for repairs.

8. Member
    No different than buying a truck nothing is built perfect it not a perfect world now is it give vexus a break they are a brand newvcompany mine has sum issues but I still think it is a great quality boat no matter what !!!!!

And the answer is always take it back to the dealership and they will fix your issues. When I get a brand new boat I want to head to the lake not back to the dealership. They might as well make it a note to the customer, upon delivery of your new boat, there will likely be many issues, please go through your new boat and make a punch list of the things you are not happy with and return it to the dealership you purchased it from, please allow an additional two weeks for repairs.

Why do you come on here and start shit every time. It is getting old and is completely erroneous dumb ass opinions. I have NEVER bought a new boat and I have bought several, that I did not have to take back and have minor things fixed. I would assume you buying a brand new boat is not something you do often. The majority of positive far outweighs the negative but the ONLY thing you hang you hat on is the few negatives. On top of it you have absolutely no desire to own a Vexus, your sole purpose is come here and talk shit about them. Over on the tracker or tin boat the mods would have booted your ass if you kept doing this, unfortunately for the actual people that own or are seriously considering a Vexus, we have to vet out the bullshit. There is no systemic QC issue with Vexus that is fact and the actual OWNERS know this.

I wish sclark would do his job and bounce your trolling ass out of here.

10. Member
    I 2nd that well spoken

Tghtlines - don't waste your time with this guy. This is his M.O., he trolls the page until something negative is brought up by an owner and leaches onto it to talk shit about the boat and overall brand. Kind of like a disgruntled employee that Vexus fired for HIS shitty work. His obsession with Vexus seems to be more than most actual owners. Must be a miserable life to sit behind a monitor with the soul purpose of stirring shit up on social media. Undoubtedly he is that guy in a tournament that sees you landing fish and pulls right up next to you and starts fishing. Might even ask what you are using.

On a side note, I agree with everything you said.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

12. Banned
    I had an interest in a Vexus boat, not anymore. Minor flaws are not rusted trailers, thin paint and crooked steering wheels. If your ok with these kind of flaws on a new boat, and if you wish to remain silent and just accept them as normal, than the more power to you. I guarantee you there are a whole lot of people that are or were interested in purchasing a Vexus that lurk here and choose not to voice there opinions and agree with what I’m saying, it doesn’t take much to give a boat a thorough inspection before it leaves the shop. I completely understand how my comments can butt hurt the current owners but this is not my agenda. What I am trying to do is be a voice for future potential customers and bring our concerns to Vexus in hopes that they will address their quality issues. There is no doubt that many potential future customers lurk here but do not comment and see these issues as a big factor in their decision to buy. If I were Vexus I would make a public statement that they are aware of the quality problem and are currently addressing it. I’ve said all I want, I’ll quit posting in this section if it makes you feel better.

13. Member
    I had an interest in a Vexus boat, not anymore. Minor flaws are not rusted trailers, thin paint and crooked steering wheels. If your ok with these kind of flaws on a new boat, and if you wish to remain silent and just accept them as normal, than the more power to you. I guarantee you there are a whole lot of people that are or were interested in purchasing a Vexus that lurk here and choose not to voice there opinions and agree with what I’m saying, it doesn’t take much to give a boat a thorough inspection before it leaves the shop. I completely understand how my comments can butt hurt the current owners but this is not my agenda. What I am trying to do is be a voice for future potential customers and bring our concerns to Vexus in hopes that they will address their quality issues. There is no doubt that many potential future customers lurk here but do not comment and see these issues as a big factor in their decision to buy. If I were Vexus I would make a public statement that they are aware of the quality problem and are currently addressing it. I’ve said all I want, I’ll quit posting in this section if it makes you feel better.
    Im new to hydraulic steering but apparently this is a trait of that. It will never stay center due to the system im told.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Im new to hydraulic steering but apparently this is a trait of that. It will never stay center due to the system im told.
    Yes
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by James 10 View Post
    Grizzz hey I just noticed on pic of your boat that is not sitting on the front roller and looks like the step is almost touching boat unless that's just the way the pic looks ????
    your correct on the roller not touching, it wasn't cranked down tight enough or stretched the strap during shipping, lol. the step is actually about 18 inches away from the boat. I'll enclose another pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

16. Member
    That really is a good looking boat bud congrats

The posts you make are based solely off the comments already being made by the owners. They potential buyers lurking in which you reference, are already reading this by the owners. You take the comments and blow them up to bash the brand. Why don't you enlighten those potential buyers lurking on what your opinion is on the fit/finish etc based on what you have actually viewed in person? What model have you climbed all over? How was the ride of the AVX? What model did you take the ride in? It is far from being butt hurt, you seem to be the one butt hurt over the brand in general. Given you only regurgitate and blow out of proportion the comments that owners already made. You don't see people jumping onto any other brands page with the intent to bash the brand to educate the perspective buyers on the sole negative side of the brand.

Vexus did exactly what you are referencing with their voluntary recall. There has been very few owners saying that had an issue when they had the work completed. However Vexus still voluntarily addressed it. When it is a big enough safety issue, all brands make a statement. However, you don't see any brands making a public statement for their day to day issues. (systemic problems like cracked transoms and/or the need to add wedges to get the boat to plane or cracked winch stands.......so on and so on.

18. Banned
    You've also never purchased a new boat.

19. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    okay boys "Huckleberry" has his own opinions and just because they do not agree with yours does not make him a bad person.
    we need to get out of this mentality that everyone needs to think exactly like we do. If he dislikes Vexus Boats then i really want to hear why.
    we are always open to constructive criticism.

Please lets stop bashing "Huckleberry" and anyone else that says anything else negative about Vexus, we are above that .. right ?

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

Sclark - how in any way is Huckleberry's criticism remotely constructive? If the owners were not transparent on issues, he would post nothing. He takes the opportunities for improvement by the owners and twists it into a systemic brand issue. The owners have been transparent with their issues in addition to the upside of Vexus boats. If someone blatantly misrepresents the facts, something should be said. It is no different than any of the other top brands (Ranger, BCB etc). The owners who buy the product should have a voice, after all if it weren't for the owners, where would Vexus be? I mean you can launch a badass product but if no one buys it, then what? There is some real pride in whatever brand you invest your money in. Trust me the Ranger brotherhood runs deeeeep as you of all people know. Besides there are only a few that stalk the page. Other mods just tattle to big Al and 86 them.

So in the spirit of taking the high road, Huckleberry as asked above, let's hear your constructive feedback based on your own assessment of the brand, not the facts of other owners but your own words.
    Last edited by tghtlines; 09-23-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast