Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Nice rig.
    On my RT 198, (Painted, not carpet interior) I had to put a couple of those furniture pads on the corners where the lids sit to prevent the rattling noise.
    Yes you need to use the trim to increase the speed / rpm, typical on most all boats.
    It pisses me off when there are sloppy wiring jobs like what you showed on your motor. I felt the same way on how Ranger had a sloppy wiring inside my console.
    Keep an eye on the trailer, once that rust starts, need to get on it early to prevent additional damage.
    Enjoy.

"With my deep-V, I could reach 5900-6000 with just going full WOT with no tinkering."

Yep, need to adjust the trim to fully run on the pad and get the full potential out of the boat/motor. Once you jump up on plane, start tapping the trim up. You will see the side spray moving more to the back and the rpm's going up. If the rpm's start jumping around, trim down a touch. You'll hear the difference in the motor.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

3. Member
    3rd outing today with the boat.

Went WOT a couple of times. You know what, it's pretty damn scary and it's not even that fast IMO lol. First WOT, water was pretty slick. Trimmed out to roughly 5800 I think, I had to keep my eyes on the water. Reached 48.1 MPH GPS. To me, it felt like it took forever to reach there. The 2nd time, there was a very slight ripple on the water and hit 48.2 MPH.
    This is with a solo rider with 1/2 tank of gas. Was hoping to hit 50 but I guess this will do. I was cruising around 4200 @ ~33 MPH most of the time though. Again, I'm new to using the trim. I find if I overtrim, I get that porpoising action I keep hearing about. When this happens, a bump down on the trim usually smooths things out. Happens often when I'm pulling up on the throttle a bit to reduce RPM or slow down in general.

I don't know how you guys cross wakes but I have to take it slow. I'm talking around 20 MPH or so otherwise it feels like you're beating the boat. This wasn't even from a wake boat. It was from some jet ski.

I also noticed something odd about my trailer. When I launched and was parking my vehicle. I walked past the trailer and noticed the left bunk was rotated 90 degrees to the left. At first, I thought that's how it is and thought it was weird with the holding bracket behind so close to the hull like that. Then I saw the other side and realized it was rotated. I gave a firm lift on the bunk and it rotated to where it's suppose to be. Felt much more lose than I think it should be. So I felt the right side. It's snug, but has some give. So I bust out the toolbox and tighten the left side to about how the right side feels. I didn't want to crank down on the nuts since I know it should form to the hull.

Just how tight should these bunks be? Should there be any give at all? Since the boat is back on the trailer, should I go back underneath and tighten those suckers so they don't budge?

Also, I think the best thing about this boat is the trailer step. I absolutely love it. So handy. Glad I got it. I do find it odd Vexus doesn't reverse the mounting bolt on the swing away tongue, so it can actually swing away, when the trailer step is added on. I haven't bothered doing it myself, since my boat isn't in a garage but yeah.

4. Banned
    48 is scary? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    3rd outing today with the boat.

Went WOT a couple of times. You know what, it's pretty damn scary and it's not even that fast IMO lol. First WOT, water was pretty slick. Trimmed out to roughly 5800 I think, I had to keep my eyes on the water. Reached 48.1 MPH GPS. To me, it felt like it took forever to reach there. The 2nd time, there was a very slight ripple on the water and hit 48.2 MPH.
    This is with a solo rider with 1/2 tank of gas. Was hoping to hit 50 but I guess this will do. I was cruising around 4200 @ ~33 MPH most of the time though. Again, I'm new to using the trim. I find if I overtrim, I get that porpoising action I keep hearing about. When this happens, a bump down on the trim usually smooths things out. Happens often when I'm pulling up on the throttle a bit to reduce RPM or slow down in general.

I don't know how you guys cross wakes but I have to take it slow. I'm talking around 20 MPH or so otherwise it feels like you're beating the boat. This wasn't even from a wake boat. It was from some jet ski.

I also noticed something odd about my trailer. When I launched and was parking my vehicle. I walked past the trailer and noticed the left bunk was rotated 90 degrees to the left. At first, I thought that's how it is and thought it was weird with the holding bracket behind so close to the hull like that. Then I saw the other side and realized it was rotated. I gave a firm lift on the bunk and it rotated to where it's suppose to be. Felt much more lose than I think it should be. So I felt the right side. It's snug, but has some give. So I bust out the toolbox and tighten the left side to about how the right side feels. I didn't want to crank down on the nuts since I know it should form to the hull.

Just how tight should these bunks be? Should there be any give at all? Since the boat is back on the trailer, should I go back underneath and tighten those suckers so they don't budge?

Also, I think the best thing about this boat is the trailer step. I absolutely love it. So handy. Glad I got it. I do find it odd Vexus doesn't reverse the mounting bolt on the swing away tongue, so it can actually swing away, when the trailer step is added on. I haven't bothered doing it myself, since my boat isn't in a garage but yeah.

You'll get the hang of the trim. Take a little time but you will get to a point that you'll be able to adjust just by the sound of the motor or side spray. Time on the water is your friend.

I don't slow down for Jet Ski or other bass boat wakes. I run through them with no issue. Maybe trim down some. However, wake boats and cruisers - yea they get my attention and I trim down more and back off the throttle. I have launched off of them by not paying attention and it was a rough ride no doubt. I am very impressed with how well the boat handles your typical boat wakes though. No different than a glass boat.

I check my small outside bunks every couple trips. They have loosened up on me also a couple times. I tighten them down all the way. Some say they are designed to roll a little to line up with the boat. I am paranoid they will flip sideways when loading, so I keep mine tight. A couple guys on here have added a 2nd bold to keep them solid.

I had to move swing bolt to the side so that my tongue can swing. Super easy to do by moving the pivot bolt to the other side.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    48 is scary? LOL
    Yes lol. Maybe part of it is bc the wind is whipping your eyes and making it harder to see. There's usually a lot of pleasure boats on my lake causing some serious wakes. I don't want to launch myself.

7. Member
    On the trailer bunk thing, I learned the hard way. I loaded my boat one evening and didn't notice that the bunk had turned completely sideways until I had pulled the boat out of the water and was putting on the straps. I had to re-launch the boat and then adjust both bunks, because they were both loose. I tightened both of the down all the way. It is the little things that seem to aggravate the most.
    2019 Vexus 189 Mercury 115 Pro XS Twin Helix 9's Minn Kota Ultrex

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roni3 View Post
    On the trailer bunk thing, I learned the hard way. I loaded my boat one evening and didn't notice that the bunk had turned completely sideways until I had pulled the boat out of the water and was putting on the straps. I had to re-launch the boat and then adjust both bunks, because they were both loose. I tightened both of the down all the way. It is the little things that seem to aggravate the most.
    Hopefully the mounting brackets didn't gouge the bottom of your hull.

9. Member
    Who did the custom work on your motor, White letters and stripes ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbreaux View Post
    I have a dual console, AVX1880, Minnkota Talon, Merc 115 Pro XS with Polyurea flooring. You made a GOOD choice, I LOVE MINE. Vexus knocked it out of the park with the floor finish and I think it looks better than the carpet boats.Attachment 355677Attachment 355678Attachment 355679Attachment 355680

10. Member
    My dealer had that done so not really sure

11. Member
    mine finally delivered today 12 weeks to the day. the drain plug is located in the eng bay pic 2 .here's a few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

Congrats Grizzz, your gonna love that G2
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

13. Member
    I like the matching Evinrude panel! Will you leave off the Evinrude logo? Nice rig right there, enjoy your new ride.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    I like the matching Evinrude panel! Will you leave off the Evinrude logo? Nice rig right there, enjoy your new ride.
    another guy here ask me that same thing, lol, he said it looks good without it and I could customize the way I want. Evinrude is suppose to be sending the decals.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

15. Member
    I'm getting the NMEA system installed plus a high speed 2d transducer to read at higher speeds. also waiting on a mount bracket to install the HB solix 12 to the console.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

16. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzz View Post
    mine finally delivered today 12 weeks to the day. the drain plug is located in the eng bay pic 2 .here's a few pics.
    Looks great scooting across the lake also :-)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

17. Member
    Beautiful looking boat right there congrats

18. Member
    Great looking boat!! Congratulations!!
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzz View Post

Great looking boat!! You will love it more each time you take it out. Congrats!!

I like the new Vexus trailer logo, that is a change for 2020. I might have to order me one and change mine out.

20. Member
    Congrats Grizzz! I did LOL at the "engine bay" comment.

Question though, where is your stripper pole for the trailer step? And it looks like the grip tape on bottom step is damaged.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast