Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbreaux View Post
    I have a dual console, AVX1880, Minnkota Talon, Merc 115 Pro XS with Polyurea flooring. You made a GOOD choice, I LOVE MINE. Vexus knocked it out of the park with the floor finish and I think it looks better than the carpet boats.Attachment 355677Attachment 355678Attachment 355679Attachment 355680
    That looks superb. If it gets uncomfortable standing on it all day you could get that crumbled rubberflooring coating added, or sea deck (but the crumbled rubber looks better. ) My dogs would have a hard time trashing the finish on that boat, but a carpeted hull would be ruined in a couple of trips with their ability to bring mud into the boat!

I have a dual console, AVX1880, Minnkota Talon, Merc 115 Pro XS with Polyurea flooring. You made a GOOD choice, I LOVE MINE. Vexus knocked it out of the park with the floor finish and I think it looks better than the carpet boats.Attachment 355677Attachment 355678Attachment 355679Attachment 355680
    Man that is sharp. Very nice. I went with carpeting in my 1980 and love it. However, that Poly flooring is nice and tight looking. Impressive. Beautiful boat and color choice, I went with the white rude.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

3. Member
    @Kbreaux. I forgot to ask. Are the underside of your kids sprayed with the same coating or just painted. Do the front compartments still have carpet in them?

4. Member
    The undercoating is a black painted finish and the front box interiors are carpeted.

5. Member
    Did you notice the decal color changes on the Pro XS to match the boat? :))

6. Member
    Did you notice the decal color changes on the Pro XS to match the boat? :))
    I didn't. Is that factory or you did it yourself?

Any issues with wet carpet inside those bins? Is the carpet glued in place?

7. Member
    My dealer did the motor, carpet is glued, no water issues

8. Member
    Kbreaux, that's one sharp rig. I've always wanted to go with the polyurea flooring but have struggled with getting away from carpet due to my concern about standing on the hard surface all day. I know I would like every other aspect of it. I'm sure you have had carpeted boats. How would you describe the difference in that regard between the two? And is it slippery at all when wet? I've considered getting the polyurea flooring and then having the front deck done with seadek later....that might be the best of both worlds. Thanks for your input.

9. Member
    My original intent was to put down Seadek but after seeing this finish I decided against it. It’s not slippery when wet. I fish a lot of marsh here in Louisiana and typically catch bass, redfish, and speckled trout (slime) mixed in with a little marsh mud so carpet is not an option for me. I have fished out of center console non-carpet boats all of my adult life so no carpet is not new to me and it doesn’t bother standing on the harder surface all day.

10. Member
    My original intent was to put down Seadek but after seeing this finish I decided against it. It’s not slippery when wet. I fish a lot of marsh here in Louisiana and typically catch bass, redfish, and speckled trout (slime) mixed in with a little marsh mud so carpet is not an option for me. I have fished out of center console non-carpet boats all of my adult life so no carpet is not new to me and it doesn’t bother standing on the harder surface all day.
    Any issues with it getting too hot to touch?

I'm coming from a vinyl wood deck. So I know about a firm hard surface. I'm not too worried about it because proper shoes or sandals and it's a non-issue. With the vinyl, it does get pretty hot if it's baking out in the sun for too long. Not enough to burn me, but I cant stand barefooted for long depending on how intense the sun is.

11. Member
    I thought this looked good and would be something I would like. No carpet but still some padding under feet. Easy to clean.

DD598FF5-586C-4FDF-BDBB-4A785378AEEA.jpeg

12. Member
    Today is 9 weeks.

13. Member
    Got the phone call today from my dealer. Boat in. Bad news. It came with carpet!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!??!?!!!!!!?? Of course it's something that can't be easily remedied.

And I have a camping and fishing trip in 2 weeks. Back to basics along the bank I guess .

Fffuuuuuuuu
    Last edited by BoatNoobie; 05-20-2019 at 05:35 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Got the phone call today from my dealer. Boat in. Bad news. It came with carpet!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!??!?!!!!!!?? Of course it's something that can't be easily remedied.

And I have a camping and fishing trip in 2 weeks. Back to basics along the bank I guess .

Fffuuuuuuuu
    I wouldn't take it.

15. Member
    get what you ordered or you will never be happy with it!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

16. Member
    Oh, there's no way I'm taking it. There was talks of a discount but I reiterated carpet is a deal breaker.

Shit happens. Just sucks when it happens to you. From what I can tell, there's no fault on my dealer, since I do see it listed on my purchase order. It just somehow got missed at the factory. Unfortunately talking with him, it sounded like there isnt a way to cut me in line to the top for my new build. I'll have to wait, no matter what. Just how long, he doesn't know yet. He's still dealing with Vexus on how to proceed. He's thinking maybe a month.... I really don't want to wait almost 11 weeks again. That's going to be deep in August. Season almost over for me by then. Silver lining, I'm going to see if I can use this opportunity to change my center seat to the coin box though. I like the idea of having that 3rd seat ready to go, but realistically, I'll have more use for the step/coin box, since I fish solo most of the time.

What's extra shitty is now my loan application will expire again and will have to do it all over again when the boat shows up. Another ding for a hard inquiry later on.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Oh, there's no way I'm taking it. There was talks of a discount but I reiterated carpet is a deal breaker.

Shit happens. Just sucks when it happens to you. From what I can tell, there's no fault on my dealer, since I do see it listed on my purchase order. It just somehow got missed at the factory. Unfortunately talking with him, it sounded like there isnt a way to cut me in line to the top for my new build. I'll have to wait, no matter what. Just how long, he doesn't know yet. He's still dealing with Vexus on how to proceed. He's thinking maybe a month.... I really don't want to wait almost 11 weeks again. That's going to be deep in August. Season almost over for me by then. Silver lining, I'm going to see if I can use this opportunity to change my center seat to the coin box though. I like the idea of having that 3rd seat ready to go, but realistically, I'll have more use for the step/coin box, since I fish solo most of the time.

What's extra shitty is now my loan application will expire again and will have to do it all over again when the boat shows up. Another ding for a hard inquiry later on.
    Try and get an upgrade of some sorts, something in the 1k range from Vexus. Seems fair enough.

And the wait begins........again.

Sounds like you don't need the carpet. Just have them build another and bite the bullet. Yes your season will be almost over but, you will be happier in the long run.

At least one major upgrade from Vexus would be expected including moving you to the front of the build line.

19. Member
    My dealer got back to me. New boat is set to start on June 3rd with an estimate delivery mid to late June.

That's not too bad. Seems reasonable.

I did have 2 requests though. 1, change over to the coin box and requested instead of installing carpet on the lid, if they can spray it with the poly coating.

2, expedite the process.

we'll see what and when it'll shows up, lol.

20. Member
    Dealer just confirmed Vexus will do the coin box in poly!!!!! Oh man, this is amazing news. It'll be 1 of a kind. Cant wait to get it. Woot.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast