Cedar Creek Lake

I have spring break coming up soon. I was just curious if cedar Creek lake is worth going to fish.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Be sure to check the lake level before going. Winter pool may be so low that you can't launch at many of the ramps. Of course with all the rain that may not be a problem. You need to be aware where you are at all times. You can be in 30 feet of water and move 20 feet in the wrong direction and be in 12 inches of water. There is also water that is 20 foot deep with standing timber inches under the surface. Just be sure to have a GPS with good mapping.
    Having said that nice little lake. Lots of crappie and a good population of bass. Don't forget you will need a BCDA permit it you need a fishing license to fish.

Cedar was stocked with Florida bass years ago before Florida bass were cool..it was also stocked with salt water stripe and smallmouth. The saltys were stocked for several years but the smallmouth were not. Lots of small spots in that lake now. Some really good largemouth in the lake though. Big fish caught every year...lil tricky to run like mentioned but to me well worth it...Upper Bear and Lil Bear as well...Cedar used to be my favorite place to fish..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand