LOOKING AT A SUNTRACKER 24

My wife and family are looking at a 2010 Suntracker 24' with a 90 hp Mercury 2 stroke with 70 hours in great shape with a motorized lift for 20K. The price seems fiar but I am concerned that it is underpowered when loaded with 8 people and 3 kids. Your opinions will be greatly appreciated.

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!

2. Member
    Way underpowered. That boat should be rated for at least a 125-150hp. Especially if it has the 25" pontoons.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

It does have the big pontoons. All we want it for is to take the family around the lake. I realize it probably will top out at 25 or 30 mph. Do you think we should pass on it?

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!

4. Member
    I’m just seeing this post, so I’d imagine you’ve already got it or passed on it. Here is what I can tell you, I have a 2011 Party Barge 21 which is actually shown to be a 22 foot pontoon with a 90 Mercury Optimax. Mine will cruise at around 17 mph and top out around 20 mph. Also, check the transom where it bolts to the braces on the bottom of the boat. It’s not a very good design and is prone to fail I believe. I just had to repair mine. Overall, we like ours, but will probably in the next year or so look to upgrade.