Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Here is a video of the motor running after i did all the above. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j69...w?usp=drivesdk

2. Member
    Here is a video i filmed right after everything above...
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j69...w?usp=drivesdk

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Make CERTAIN that you are using ONLY NGK: IZFR5G Spark Plugs, gapped at .032-.033" (and yes, they must be gapped). Torque plugs to 20 lbs/ft with a torque-wrench.

AFTER that is confirmed- please specifically identify (short version) what if any remaining concerns you have with running.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    i made sure the correct plugs were in, thank you for that,RPM is back to full but I am still getting an injector error on the air injector. i decided to order a replacement but i am confused on the model number. the model on the boat is 850065-4 but when i lookup the motor serial in mercury's part catalog it pulls up part number 850065-5. i just want to make sure that they are the same and will work in the motor before i order it.
    thank you for all the help

5. Member
    For anyone looking at this in the future, the problem was with the injector. i finally replaced the injector and no more codes. while cleaning it helped, i was still getting faults so i decided to replace. the model was 850065-5 which has replaced the older model 850065-4 injector but is the "same thing". Be sure to use the correct spark plugs stated above not the ones listed in the service manual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12