Decisions decisions

need some advice from the pros... have narrowed my search to two candidates .. 2009 triton 20x3, merc 250 w/185 hrs.. has a few cosmetic issues(not worried about that), the other is 2009 triton 21xs with merc 250, but has 600+hrs, also has a few cosmetic issues.. neither one has poles, both need updated electronics , both need carpet and seats redone... i can buy them for just about the same price, the 20xs is $1000.00 more... condition , electronics are pretty much equal.. do i want a boat that is 1ft longer ? Does it make that big of a difference ? In my mind 500 less hours seems like the win .. but a 22ft boat would be nice.. your .02 please.

2. Member
    Id go with the lower hours if it was me. But either way before you buy take it to a reputable mechanic to have it checked. Eat the $100 shop charge if needed. It may save you thousands down the road. Dont ask me how i know. :(

3. Member
    I would go with the lower hours

Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    Id go with the lower hours if it was me. But either way before you buy take it to a reputable mechanic to have it checked. Eat the $100 shop charge if needed. It may save you thousands down the road. Dont ask me how i know. :(
    This, IMHO, is the advice I would give. Although hours are important, it is also important how the motor was serviced and taken care of. I agree, low hours are a very deciding argument but 186 hours doesn't mean the motor will last 600 hours either.

5. Member
    Well, made the 2&1/2 hr drive to go get / look at them.. the one with 600 hrs just had too many signs of a rough 600 hrs, the other just couldn’t get excited about it, color scheme wasn’t my favorite , needed updated tm, and electronics.. price seeemed fair, but considering the price of upgrades, i Passed.. i think im just gonna get a cheap rig and fix it up... found a solid 99 champ 203 i think I’m gonna buy..thanks for your help/advise

6. Member
    Good luck with it!