Thread: P320

P320

Handled one in the store the other day. It was the model that is identical or very similar to the model that was newly adopted by the military.

I was was not impressed at all. Not saying it is a pos but I would pick many other pistols over that thing.

2. Banned
    What didn't you like? I don't own one, just wondering, just bought a S&W 5904.

I had one I shot competition with and was a really accurate gun and really reliable.
    not your typical metal frame sig by any means but was a nice gun.

4. Member
    I've shot the civilian versions of the P320, Glock , and the FN 509 pistols that were in the trials, and I like the FN 509 best, it just felt better in my hand and i shot I more accurately, I liked the Glock better than the P320 also.

5. Member
    I just sold mine. It's a darn good gun, accurate and reliable with an excellent trigger for a striker fired gun. The only reason I sent it down the road was that even with the small grip module it was still a bit big for my hand (stubby fingers). Before I retired I over saw the testing of the P320 for my department. We had carried Glocks for 25 years. Each officer shot the P320. After all the brass was on the ground 31 favored the SIG, 15 preferred the Glock and 17 had no preference between the two. The dominate reasons given for the SIG preference were trigger quality, sights, and ergonomics. Ultimately we did change to the SIG. In talking to our firearms instructors, overall qualifications scores have risen since the SIG was adopted.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

6. Member
    Pistol fit and preferences are a very individual thing. I have 3 P320's and each are great guns, at least for me. I get they are not for everyone, but it's hard to beat their stock trigger in the striker fired gun category, in my experience.
    John

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    Pistol fit and preferences are a very individual thing. I have 3 P320's and each are great guns, at least for me. I get they are not for everyone, but it's hard to beat their stock trigger in the striker fired gun category, in my experience.
    The P320 trigger is easily to beat, by either a Walther PPQ or a H&K VP. Walther has the best out of the box trigger on any striker fired pistol I've felt and I've tried most all of them I can get in my hands.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    The P320 trigger is easily to beat, by either a Walther PPQ or a H&K VP. Walther has the best out of the box trigger on any striker fired pistol I've felt and I've tried most all of them I can get in my hands.
    Have to agree to disagree. We have a PPQ Q5 Match and a PPQ M2 also. I don't think they have a thing on the stock Sig triggers.
    John