1980 jackplate height

Had the setback plate put on for poles. What are u guys running as prop to pad height on the 1980. Once I put it on the performance dropped I’m thinking I’m a tad low. I have the merc four Stroke. Left message with vexus but they are busy I’m sure with fiberglass reveal and classic. Any thoughts from those that have it
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

2. Member
    Mine is a Atlas 6" with duel poles, But it seems to run the best at 3 i will measure prop to pad this weekend for you. I picked up 4 mph

3. Member
    Sweet thanks. Yeah I was thinking that’s low at 4.5 and somewhere around 3-3.5 is ideal. I can lower the motor all way down without hitting ground at half trim, which also seemed off ass most other boats I’ve had hits toward full trim down
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

4. Member
    For us dummies, how is this measured? I am wondering if my manual plate is too low. Picture would help. Thanks in advance.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    For us dummies, how is this measured? I am wondering if my manual plate is too low. Picture would help. Thanks in advance.
    Get a level and make sure bottom of boat and the cavitation plate on engine are level. Then measure from the lowest point of the hull to the ground and from the ground to the center of propshaft. Subtract the 1st measurement from the second and you have your prop to pad measurement.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siuebass0 View Post
    Get a level and make sure bottom of boat and the cavitation plate on engine are level. Then measure from the lowest point of the hull to the ground and from the ground to the center of propshaft. Subtract the 1st measurement from the second and you have your prop to pad measurement.
    thank you

7. Member
    Does anyone have an update on what they’re running for prop to pad height? After I took my boat out of storage this year I added power poles and it seems much slower. I’ve been playing with the jack plate but doesn’t seem right. I want to start fresh and get it dialed in the right way. Any advice will help, thanks.

8. Member
    you have too go pretty high on it but honestly putting a manual plate and dual poles slowed my rig down to bout 51-52 now loaded. I don't care bout speed but u will need to raise it significantly. not sure of exact measurements but someone on here posted it before and I used it. I was 2 inches low lol
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99