Oneten question?

I just bought a few vision oneten jerkbaits. One is an LBO. These are the first ones i have purchased.....two of them do not have the small key ring / split ring on the line tie loop and the LBO has one. These are all three down eyes. Are they al supposed to have split rings?

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I believe the simple answer is yes. I can’t say I habe many MB lures, maybe 10, but every one has come with a split ring on the nose!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    I've gotten 110's without split rings on the nose before, not sure why? Put a ring on yourself and it'll be good to go.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    I've gotten 110's without split rings on the nose before, not sure why? Put a ring on yourself and it'll be good to go.
    I easily have over 75 of the MB jerkbaits, different sizes, colors, versions and since they first came out, I've gotten them with no split rings, some of the recent ones had normal barbed (but lite wire) hooks (not the Katsuage outbarb hooks), and each one of them seems to have its own suspend signature.....I have gotten to the point I think there may be counterfeit versions of the MB products as even some of the packaging are different. I wonder if any of the MB guys would confirm they are having either quality control issues or counterfeiting issues. I get most of my baits from Tacklewarehouse and other well known web stores.....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

5. Member
    i have bought 10 110’s and two of them did not have split rings all from TW. This was a couple of years ago.
    Red Sox in 6!

I have 40 or more and they have all had split rings. All outbarb hooks other than the saltwater ones. Those have stainless hooks that are unreal sharp.

7. Member
    The Japan MB 110’s do not come with a split ring. American version do

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bconger4 View Post
    The Japan MB 110’s do not come with a split ring. American version do
    This has to be right, just checked and all the ones I got from Japan were indeed the ones without rings!

9. Member
    X2 japan models don’t have rings
    Nitro z21

10. Member
    Pro Blue and M shad did not have split rings. Does the packaging look correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images

For what it's worth, I tend to remove split rings on jerkbaits in general and use a loop knot on them. Makes them kick out to the side more erratically in my opinion, though it may just be in my head.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360