Thread: Zona in MN

Zona in MN

Did anyone else catch Zona's show this week? He was in MN and said something along the lines of only being 10 minutes out of the Cities and can hear and see trains and traffic all day. I'm guess he was on Lake Sarah, but since I haven't been on that lake for 10+ years I didn't recognize anything along the shores. Does anyone know if my guess is right?

2. Member
    Where do we see the show? I didn't catch it and probably don't have the channel. I could tell you in a heartbeat I live 10 minutes away and fish it all the time

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_bowhunter View Post
    Where do we see the show? I didn't catch it and probably don't have the channel. I could tell you in a heartbeat I live 10 minutes away and fish it all the time
    If you have the Outdoor Channel app you will be able to see it after the season is done airing on TV. I asked Zona when they would be available on the app and that's what he said. Too bad. I don't see why to postpone it. It's a paid app. Cool he was here though. Ike was here a month or two ago fishing Mille Lacs and the Miss in Monticello. Had a buddy run into him in a restaurant at Mille Lacs and said he sat with them and BS'd for about 20 minutes.

4. Member
    I saw it on the Outdoor Channel on Tuesday night. I think they replay it again on either Friday or Saturday morning?

5. Moderator
    Is the episode online anywhere?

I dont think you can watch it online. On his website you can view a small preview of the show. I have the My Outdoor TV subscription and it has his show but only seasons 1-8. Wish they would add his newest season soon. Love that show, guy just cracks me up everytime!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_bowhunter View Post
    If you go on his Instagram he posted a minute Long video that I think someone with some knowledge of the lake would be able to identify if it is lake Sarah or not

8. Member
    It is.

9. Member
    My sister moved to Montrose last year and I see this lake is close. Her fiance bugs me to come up and fish all the time. With that said are the lakes around that area good, easy to get on, etc?

10. Member
    There are plenty of lakes closer to Montrose you could get on. Howard, Waverly, Buffalo and Maple all have easy access.

11. Member
    Thanks. I get all worried about the talk of boat access without driving to a clean station.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooks2bset View Post
    Thanks. I get all worried about the talk of boat access without driving to a clean station.
    So far that's a select few lakes, and you aren't missing anything by not fishing them. I'm sure if more lakes in that area fall victim, they'll be posted here. That's a popular bass area for many of us that live in the twin cities. There's quite a few lakes within a short drive of Montrose that are excellent bass lakes, and most are "dirty" lakes, which means minimal recreational traffic.

13. Member
    Thank you. What's considered a good time of year or maybe easier... the bad time of year to fish around this area?

14. Member
    Thank you. What's considered a good time of year or maybe easier... the bad time of year to fish around this area?
    May thru November

15. Member
    Being these are smaller lakes...fish are a lot easier to catch when our season opens (mid May) than they are by fall. There is excellent fishing to be had any time though.

16. Member
    Thanks everyone.