If you ONLY want Livescope...

My buddy asked me the other night what the costs would be if he decided he wanted to add a Garmin unit and Livescope at the bow. I know the Livescope transducer is $1500. What head unit, in a 9 or 10 inch screen, would be best/cheapest if the unit is going to only be used for Livescope?

2. Member
    echomap Plus 93sv if you can find them. Some have been getting them for $599 but they are getting scooped up.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Cabela’s has them on shelves over the weekend for 599 better buy 3 that’s a steal

Consider the screen resolution on the unit you choose. The Garmin models do not all have the same resolution.
    The Echomap 93/94sv will do what you need and probably is the most affordable. But it has the least amount of screen resolution of all the models at 400x800 pixels.
    If you really want to see some detail, take a look at the GPSMap models. For instance, for a few hundred more you can pick up a GPSMap 1022 with a resolution of 1024x600 pixels.
    The GPSMap 7610 is much more money at 1280x800 pixels...
    For a lot more money, the GPSMap 8400/8600 models have 1920x1200 pixels...

I know that doesn't answer your question, just something to consider, as you will want to see not only the fish, big or small, but also your lure as you try to catch them.
    Last edited by KCLOST; 03-07-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    Thanks for the info guys! I was not aware of the resolution difference, so that's really good to know. If you're going to spend that kind of money for the Livescope, I'm sure he would want to have a head unit that would be good at displaying it. I'll pass the information along to him. Again, thanks.

Thanks for the info guys! I was not aware of the resolution difference, so that's really good to know. If you're going to spend that kind of money for the Livescope, I'm sure he would want to have a head unit that would be good at displaying it. I'll pass the information along to him. Again, thanks.
    Correct... However you may be buying more options on the unit than you really need... $$$$$$$'s
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

7. BBC SPONSOR
    So would there be a noticeable differences between say a 93sv plus and a 1022?

8. Member
    So if you're just wanting livescope on a 12, wouldn't the 1222 or 1242 be the best option?

9. Member
    From a marketing standpoint , I feel like Garmin could have done a lot better job with their model numbers of units so that potential customers could easily understand what they are looking at

My understanding is the resolution on the 93sv plus is really good...hard to tell any difference visually...especially on a 9inch. For $600, you can’t beat it.
    Last edited by j791; 03-20-2019 at 09:25 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    So if you're just wanting livescope on a 12, wouldn't the 1222 or 1242 be the best option?
    the Echomap Ultra might be worth looking at. It comes in 10 and 12.