Thread: New seats

New seats

Has anyone tried to replace seats with the bucket seats from bassboatseats.com? I was looking to replace mine soon I know deans makes the origional but I was just looking for options.

2. Member
    Just bought a 2001 180s with those seats. I will say, they are very thick to the point I have to seek an alternative. It's a problem for me only because I don't have tilt steering. I have to sit legs straight out. I'd probably work through it had the boat come with tilt. The center of the seat is offset from the steering wheel which makes it very awkward. I'm not able to scoot over due to the bulky hip huggin' padding if comfort is a requirement I'd consider getting something lower profile closer to what the boat originally came with, especially if you don't have tilt.

3. Member
    I had a similar experience in a Ranger 373 that I put them in. They're nice but they are thick. When I look at replacing mine, which will be soon, I'm going to look hard at Dean's for the exact reason listed above.

I installed a set in my '99 201. If I had to do it again, I would reupholster the original frame. I too found that I sat higher in the seat, although the quality was very good.
    2000 VIPER COBRA 201D /225 Merc EFI SER: 0T054298
    Where does the white go when the snow melts?

5. Member
    A custom shop to redo them or Dean's Top and Canvas would be my picks here.

6. Member
    Thanks guys! Deans makes the origional seats still so I think I will just go that route.

Will the Champion seats fit in the 99 201D?