New Ranger Z185 Power poles/Jack plate

Brand new boat owner! 2019 Z185 with a Merc 150 Optima Pro XS. Contemplating power poles and a jack plate. Do I need a jack plate to install power poles? Would it be silly to add the poles without a plate? And if I add a jack plate, what size? ...... Remember! I'm a new owner, so don't abuse me!! :-)

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    You would want a 6 inch plate on the Z185 you can not use sandwich style brackets without voiding your mercury warranty. So without a jackplate you would be forced into whats called MTOS adapter plates then the side mount jackplate brackets bolted to those
    (the non mercury voiding application). For the price of those M to S adapter plates you could almost purchase a manual jackplate.. No brainer there. why buy plates that do nothing but satisfy mercury , when you can have a jackplate and get all the advantages one offers. I would be happy to help you and can also offer the most competitive pricing on a compltere Power Pole package for you. Happy to answer any questions or help in anyway.

Kevin
    K and K Kustomz

3. Member

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dletson View Post
    you can pm us, text or call

5. Calvin Roy Harrison
    Quote Originally Posted by dletson View Post
    Brand new boat owner! 2019 Z185 with a Merc 150 Optima Pro XS. Contemplating power poles and a jack plate. Do I need a jack plate to install power poles? Would it be silly to add the poles without a plate? And if I add a jack plate, what size? ...... Remember! I'm a new owner, so don't abuse me!! :-)
    How did your question turn out? I have a 2021 Z185
    Calvin Roy Harrison Retired Border Patrol
    2021 RANGER Z185

6. Member
    I called Ranger, and spoke to their supervisor in rigging. He suggested a 8" jack plate. So I installed a TH Marine Atlas hydraulic plate, with two 8' Power Pole Blades. I did all the work myself. Note! I used the spare prop space for the pumps. Absolutely love them!