Question Need some good baked fish recipes.

Well I turn 40 in 2 weeks and had a physical 2 weeks ago. Doctor said I need to get my colestoral down. I am wanting to find some good baked fish recipes for lent, because we usually deep fry our fish which is how I like it.
    Let me know what you got.

I just do it like fried fish. I make my own mix with 50/50 corn meal and flour. Add in garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper, and some paprika. Maybe some chili powder or cumin. Depends on how I feel. I found that a hotter oven in the 420-450 range is better.

I make my own tortillas and corn masa works just as well as the cornmeal mix. No need to add flour.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Get a bag of frozen vegetables and rice. Spread it in the bottom of a lightly greased glass baking dish. Lay fish fillets on top. Sprinkle fish and veggies/rice with whatever seasoning sounds good. I use Old Bay and a little garlic salt. Bake until fish is white and flaky. Squeeze a little lemon juice on top of each filet when it's done. Easy to make, easy to clean up and tastes good.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    I have not tried yet but maybe give the air fryer a go and see if you can get close to that fried fish taste / texture we all like.

5. Member
    Air fryer works great, throw a little pam on it. Fish on on the grill and smoker is pretty good to.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

6. Member
    Thanks guys. I will let you know my finding once I've tried some things.

7. Member
    Piece of fish,little salt /pepper, slice of onion, pat of butter, squirt of lemon juice. wrap in foil pop in the oven for twenty minutes. This is a bachelor recipe,

8. Member
    Airfryer. Thaw frozen tilapia fillets. Spritz with Pam. Season with Everything seasoning for bagels ( or Italian medley). 400 degrees for 6 minutes( turn at 3).

9. Member
    I use old bay and a little pat of butter but in your case drizzle a little olive oil over the fillets. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes depending on the size of fillets. You will be surprised how much more fish that you can eat baked vs. fried. I do shrimp this way as well.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

10. Member
    This is not mine I copied off Crappie.com but it is delicious..
    Baked Parmesan Crappie

Ingredients

1 or 2 eggs
    ¾ cup Panko Italian or any bread crumbs
    ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
    ¼ teaspoon ground dried thyme
    Fish filets
    ¼ cup melted butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees

2. In a small bowl prepare an egg wash. In a separate bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and thyme. Dip the filets in the egg wash and then press into the crumb mixture to coat. Place filets in a glass baking dish, and drizzle with melted butter.

3. Bake on the top rack of the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily, about 15 minutes.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANDPAOF7 View Post
    This is not mine I copied off Crappie.com but it is delicious..
    Baked Parmesan Crappie

Ingredients

1 or 2 eggs
    ¾ cup Panko Italian or any bread crumbs
    ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
    ¼ teaspoon ground dried thyme
    Fish filets
    ¼ cup melted butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees

2. In a small bowl prepare an egg wash. In a separate bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and thyme. Dip the filets in the egg wash and then press into the crumb mixture to coat. Place filets in a glass baking dish, and drizzle with melted butter.

3. Bake on the top rack of the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily, about 15 minutes.
    I found a recipe like this on Pintrest. I am for sure going to try this one.

12. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub176 View Post
    I found a recipe like this on Pintrest. I am for sure going to try this one.
    Great recipe, but it isn’t going to help your cholesterol with breading, Parmesan and butter.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Fillets with a little olive oil, celery salt and black pepper. bake at 3:50 until flaky, doesn't take long depending on thickness of cut, 5 - 15 minutes.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack