NH Outdoor Expo this weekend

Anyone going? It's at the Hampshire Dome in Milford. https://nhoutdoorexpo.com/

2. Member
    I already have enough beef jerky to last the whole year......

Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    I already have enough beef jerky to last the whole year......
    X1000... really wish we had great expos like down south .. I spend more on admission than I do on tackle

4. Member
    This is the NEW version of this expo, run by a different person (to the best of my knowledge) compared to whoever ran that crap shoot that was in Rockingham for all those years. Supposed to be along the same lines as the New England Expo they just had in Boxboro, it's being operated by the same guy. The Hampshire Dome is pretty big too, so they can cram quite a bit into there.

I'll be going late Saturday afternoon for sure, may even go Friday afternoon. I'll report back to everyone on how it goes. Your outlooks/opinions are fairly common from what I've been seeing so far, not much chatter about the show, and too much of it isn't great. The old expo really left a impression. Going to be hard to shake that, but I think he's got the right thing going on.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    X1000... really wish we had great expos like down south .. I spend more on admission than I do on tackle
    You say that and they must have some awesome shows down south because last year I chatted with Jason Christie down at Reynolds marine. We got talking about Falcon rods and he asked if I had seen the new line of rods. I said no and that I didn't even know of any place in new England that even carried them. I had only seen them on the internet. To which he said, dont they have fishing shows around here....

I hope and pray the boxboro show will continue to expand and succeed as well as I hope the NH show will succeed. I just think it is tough for these smaller shows to do as well because we have become so accustomed to crappy shows.

6. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    Isn’t that the truth. I went to the Boxborough show and remembered why I stopped going years ago. Nothing to get me excited and no great deals. I’ll be sticking with my Black Friday sales and save that $12 for some real deals... The shows down south are completely different and they actually have good deals and products

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RdnckYnkee250 View Post
    Isn’t that the truth. I went to the Boxborough show and remembered why I stopped going years ago. Nothing to get me excited and no great deals. I’ll be sticking with my Black Friday sales and save that $12 for some real deals... The shows down south are completely different and they actually have good deals and products
    The Boxboro show has the right idea, and it got a little better from last year, but it needs to be bigger. Before that can happen, it needs a better venue. That hotel it is at is dated and just feels off because of the layout. Dan's got a good idea that can get a lot better, but I'm not sure what it's going to take to get it there.

8. Banned
    Do you think this one will be as boring as the Boxboro show?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    Sadly probably way more boring than Boxboro. TSD I'm sure wont be there, maybe a few boats but probably more like lunds etc etc.

I still remember as a kid going to the Springfield sportsmans show at the Big E. 3 buildings worth of hunting and fishing and boats. Those were the days.....
    Maybe next year I will plan a trip down south.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    If you thought the Boxboro show was boring, then you'll hate this show. The Boxboro show was like 70% fishing (my best guess), and I think this NH show will be closer to 50%. That's my guess though based on the vendors listed.

Sadly probably way more boring than Boxboro. TSD I'm sure wont be there, maybe a few boats but probably more like lunds etc etc.

I still remember as a kid going to the Springfield sportsmans show at the Big E. 3 buildings worth of hunting and fishing and boats. Those were the days.....
    Maybe next year I will plan a trip down south.
    Make the trip down to iCast? I'd like to do that, that would be a cool show to see.

11. Member
    I thought Icast was not open to the public only retailers and vendors. I'm probably wrong but I thought I read that somewhere. That would be the show to hit up..

WTF!!! Why is the Loon Preservation Committee going to be there? Maybe they need to check on the sale of lead jigs.

Ranger Z521 Mercury 250 Pro XS

13. Member
    I thought Icast was not open to the public only retailers and vendors. I'm probably wrong but I thought I read that somewhere. That would be the show to hit up..
    Oh you might be right, I'll have to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscatfrank View Post
    WTF!!! Why is the Loon Preservation Committee going to be there? Maybe they need to check on the sale of lead jigs.
    Funny you mention that. They're running this deal for Sunday, copied from their facebook page...

The New Hampshire Outdoor Expo is this weekend! On Sunday, the first 200 people to turn in 1 ounce or more of illegal lead fishing tackle (sinkers and jigs weighing 1 ounce or less) will receive free admission!

14. Member
    So they are giving away $2400 worth of money for entrance fees to a tiny venue. I hope either the loon society is agreeing to give the venue that forfeited money as a donation as a way to draw more people or else someone really sucks at business...

15. Banned
    I was on the fence about going to the show. That Loon shit just made my mind up. So so sick of listening to that shit.

I found an old box of rusted jig heads in my basement. I brought them with me and passed them out in the parking lot of the show. Probably got about 15 people in to the show on the LPC's dime. What a day!

Ranger Z521 Mercury 250 Pro XS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscatfrank View Post
    I found an old box of rusted jig heads in my basement. I brought them with me and passed them out in the parking lot of the show. Probably got about 15 people in to the show on the LPC's dime. What a day!

18. Member
    The show was good, if a bit small in overall offering. Lots of room to grow. Good amount of fishing stuff mixed in with hunting stuff. Only a few food vendors, and yes, there were two selling beef jerky. Got the impression from other people I was talking to that the attendance was definitely impacted by the negative stigma that the old Rockingham show has given.

The fishing vendors I talked to though said that business was good for the weekend, they were all busy. So overall numbers of visitors may not have been huge, but lots of people that were showing up were buying. I'll take that as a good sign.

It was definitely small though. I know I'm reiterating that point, but I want to make sure I'm clear that it wasn't a huge show with tons of vendors. That said, I think they had a good showing for the first NH show under Dan. Lots of positives to take from this, and hopefully next year it gets even bigger. The potential is there, it seems to have the right person driving it, so I like the chances of it growing. I think the New England Fishing Expo will continue to outpace it though. If they can change venues for that show, I think it has a much greater chance of becoming a BIG expo.

I remember these discussions from too many years past. The club I was with was trying to get all the NH clubs together to put on their own show @ the Manchester Amory.I believe they finally started something with some success.They had a few pros and the highlight was Pres. Bush coming and going straight to look at the guns and knives.... that couldn't be sold until after he left. You folks should look into it again as a winter project and a income opportunity provided you get enough workers. Boxboro was good but usually the same year after year. Frank, glad to see your still a riot