Talon electrical contacts corrosion

I need to clean the contacts on my Talons and was wondering what would be the best, easiest and efficient way to clean them. There isn't much room to get sandpaper in there and I have used some spray-on electrical contact cleaner and that didn't work. Any and every idea would help. Thanks in advance

2. Member
    The connections on the battery or inside the unit?

3. Member
    The contacts on the power cord of the Talon

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    What kind of corrosion? Many consumer electrical device contacts are very thinly plated steel, and if you get too aggressive you can remove the plating and make the problem worse. If you have rust from under the brass, it isn't easy to fix. If it is blue/white corrosion, wiping it down with white vinegar would be the first thing to try. If you get it clean, coat the connection with dielectric grease AFTER the cord is plugged in.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    What kind of corrosion? Many consumer electrical device contacts are very thinly plated steel, and if you get too aggressive you can remove the plating and make the problem worse. If you have rust from under the brass, it isn't easy to fix. If it is blue/white corrosion, wiping it down with white vinegar would be the first thing to try. If you get it clean, coat the connection with dielectric grease AFTER the cord is plugged in.
    Catfan is exactly correct.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

6. Banned
    Coating the connections are a time saver. I like the spray can as it dries on.
    One other thing that can help is to have all connectors soldered.. Again time consuming but it eliminates any issues later.
    If you do not know how to solder take a few minutes to watch a few how-to-videos especially the ones that cover electronic component soldering.

These will get someone going in the right direction