Thread: Teneroc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teneroc?

Anyone been there lately? Going in 2 weeks, checking the conditions and how its fishing.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

2. Member
    I go to Tenoroc weekly. It is like everywhere else. Depends on conditions and the way you are fishing. Saturday morning got bug repellant in my eyes first thing and couldn't get it out. Stopped fishing just before 11 am with a total of 6, and nothing big.
    Lake B and Lake 5 are the only ones you can idle with a big motor. Even though most are to dumb that go there to know what idle is. Some you will see going full speed in their tin rigs. Somebody will be seriously hurt by one of the dumb people one day. But it doesn't get patrolled like in the past. You'll see people putting big bass in livewells, or coolers in their boats.
    All the other pits are trolling motor only.

They have a tournament out there for Kayakers this Saturday. Not put on by Tenoroc. But was told they will be lining up early so they can get the available spots first. So I won't be there early Saturday morning.

It has been mainly a dink fest for me fishing out there lately.

3. Member
    OK thanks for the info. May need to consider somewhere else then.

4. Member
    Even standing in line waiting to check in, you hear remarks. Some say they think because of lack of patrol by FWC out there, people have taken big bass they are not supposed to. You hear comments on them thinking that is why bigger ones are not heard about, like used to be common years ago. I don't know.
    But I have seen with my own eyes big ones not being released.
    It's local, and a place for me to go and try and catch some bass.

5. Member
    This reminds me back in the 50's and 60's on Meritt's Mill Pond in Jackson County, when large numbers of fisherman from Ala., Ga, S.C., etc. would come to fish for big read ear sun fish (shellcracker) and bream. They would stay for several days and take 5, 10 or more coolers of cleaned fish back to their homes in out of state. I can remember one group of 5 that came down and took more than 1500 fish back home. For years Merritt's Mill Pond was know as one of the best ponds (lakes) to catch world record size shellcracker. Not any more.

6. Member
    Wow that's crazy. Some people just have no respect for nature at times.

7. Member
    MMP used to be a dandy for panfish, sad that people do these types of things.
    I keep for my family, that's it. It's not appropriate otherwise. Share the resource.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    MMP used to be a dandy for panfish, sad that people do these types of things.
    I keep for my family, that's it. It's not appropriate otherwise. Share the resource.
    Well said.

9. Member
    Tampa Jim, As a kid I worked part time at one of the fish camps on the pond cleaning wooden john boats and what ever at the fish camp. The pond was a beautiful lake full of cypress and gin clear water. I swam from one end of the lake to the other end and would dive off the hwy 90 bridge into the water. Some very fond memories. It was one of the best night time bass fisheries in the panhandle and I have caught some huge shellcraker and bream. Those were great days.
    Last edited by B-47; 03-06-2019 at 09:20 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    Tampa Jim, As a kid I worked part time at one of the fish camps on the pond cleaning wooden john boats and what ever at the fish camp. The pond was a beautiful lake full of cypress and gin clear water. I swam from one end of the lake to the other end and would dive off the hwy 90 bridge into the water. Some very fond memories. It was one of the best night time bass fisheries in the panhandle and I have caught some huge shellcraker and bream. Those were great days.
    I came here from Jefferson County. Only county without a traffic light. Went to college to keep from farming.
    We are heading back up there once we get things in order. Trying to get teen settled into a dorm this summer.
    Sure miss the peace and quiet of the country. Plus people are more polite. Central Florida is way past done.

11. Member
    I had a guy tell me recently that his freezer was full of specks but he was still going out everyday catching and killing them. I asked him why he did not do catch and release after his freezer was full. And said " I just can't do it". And this guy is a Fl. resident..

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That’s a sad statement. I love to catch bass, and can thank 250BassFl for taking me fishing and teaching me a few things! That being said, I have ZERO respect for anyone that breaks our wildlife laws. “Just can’t do it”? That’s a horrible answer! I don’t keep fish, but if I did I would keep what I can eat, just how I hunt! Wasting our resources will come back to haunt us or our children.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Member
    Checking in this morning the guy running the office actually said, FWC Officers were actually patrolling and writing tickets yesterday.
    Was glad to hear it. Hope they start doing it on a normal basis again.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    I had a guy tell me recently that his freezer was full of specks but he was still going out everyday catching and killing them. I asked him why he did not do catch and release after his freezer was full. And said " I just can't do it". And this guy is a Fl. resident..
    The Guy that took me under his wing and taught me a LOT about Bass Fishing I rarely if ever fish with anymore. He simply Can Not toss a fish back in. The Day he kept an 8 lber only to hold it up and show it off to every boat that came by, then fillet it back at the Ramp.

Then he handed me the baggie of it's meat and said "this is for you and your family". I asked him if he didn't want it and when he replied "hell no my freezer is full of fish" I knew our days together were done. I just can't see the need to kill just to kill.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Checking in this morning the guy running the office actually said, FWC Officers were actually patrolling and writing tickets yesterday.
    Was glad to hear it. Hope they start doing it on a normal basis again.
    Yep that's good to hear.
    Still trying to decide Teneroc of Toho....

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joby1 View Post
    Yep that's good to hear.
    Still trying to decide Teneroc of Toho....
    Been years since I have been on Toho, so couldn't put any input on that decision. Use to like Toho though.

17. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Toho is producing some good fish the last couple of weeks but it’s VERY different than fishing Tenoroc. I like both places a lot but at Tenoroc you’re idling around and the wind isn’t nearly as intrusive in the places that I go to. Toho can become a monster in bad weather. I think we all know that Kissimmee is killing it right now, just depends on what type of fishing you want to do?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Toho is producing some good fish the last couple of weeks but it’s VERY different than fishing Tenoroc. I like both places a lot but at Tenoroc you’re idling around and the wind isn’t nearly as intrusive in the places that I go to. Toho can become a monster in bad weather. I think we all know that Kissimmee is killing it right now, just depends on what type of fishing you want to do?
    Yeah that is true about Kissimmee. I fish artificial of course but taking my daughters boyfriend and he hasn't ever caught a good one over 4lbs. So was also thinking about soaking some shiners...I don't know.

19. Member
    Where did you end up?
    How did it go?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Where did you end up?
    How did it go?
    Put in on the south end of Toho, weather messed us up (cold front). Drowned some shiners trying to get a big one, but didn't happen. Went to Kissimmee and Hatch caught a few fishing artificials. Biggest I caught was almost 6lbs, flippin in Hatch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast