Thread: Teneroc?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joby1 View Post
    Put in on the south end of Toho, weather messed us up (cold front). Drowned some shiners trying to get a big one, but didn't happen. Went to Kissimmee and Hatch caught a few fishing artificials. Biggest I caught was almost 6lbs, flippin in Hatch.
    Thanks for the reply. Glad y'all caught some.

I can think of about 40 or 50 lakes I'd rather fish before I hit teneroc once.
    I don't care how close it is. Imo it's the skyway pier of the bass fishing world.
    Last edited by JohnD.; 04-02-2019 at 10:55 PM.

I had a good day out there on Saturday with two 7's coming into the boat.
    USAF Retired 1983 - 2003
    Ground Radio Technician
    2013 Nitro Z6 115 Optimax

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Water Huff View Post
    I had a good day out there on Saturday with two 7's coming into the boat.
    Nice! I don't get the big ones in the boat.
    I didn't start fishing till afternoon Saturday and Sunday. But most people coming up each day had great numbers for bass. They would say the morning bite was really on. The evening bite was slow, but I caught some. Nothing like I had been though.

5. Member
    No big ones, but I did good on numbers yesterday.

6. Member
    I have never fished there yet, but I plan to next weekend with a couple of Friends. I always like fishing new water where I have never been to before, keeps it "fresh" and not chasing memories.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    I have never fished there yet, but I plan to next weekend with a couple of Friends. I always like fishing new water where I have never been to before, keeps it "fresh" and not chasing memories.
    Bunch of different phosphate pits. Some reclaimed, some not. All but two are 100% catch and release for bass. Lake B and Lake 5 you can keep 2 small ones, all others must be released. And those two are the only ones you can run your big motor at idle speed only. The rest are trolling motor only. Good luck.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Checking in this morning the guy running the office actually said, FWC Officers were actually patrolling and writing tickets yesterday.
    Was glad to hear it. Hope they start doing it on a normal basis again.
    Hey 250bassFL,

That's good to hear! Have been fishing Specks for 5 years at Tenoroc and was checked twice the first year and nothing since. These guys were always polite and informative, its too bad they are so understaffed.

Caught some real nice bass with the small speck lures, two years ago a 10 pound plus on 6# line and a 12' rod, of course I was in open water. Caught a few 7 & 8 pounders too. The speck fish has really declined the past two years, for me anyhow, but Tenoroc is still a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.

Have you fished Long lake yet? Good luck and Good Fishing.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olderthandirt View Post
    Hey 250bassFL,

That's good to hear! Have been fishing Specks for 5 years at Tenoroc and was checked twice the first year and nothing since. These guys were always polite and informative, its too bad they are so understaffed.

Caught some real nice bass with the small speck lures, two years ago a 10 pound plus on 6# line and a 12' rod, of course I was in open water. Caught a few 7 & 8 pounders too. The speck fish has really declined the past two years, for me anyhow, but Tenoroc is still a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.

Have you fished Long lake yet? Good luck and Good Fishing.
    I need to start spec fishing.
    Some nice catches!
    No sir. I have been pretty much sticking to Lake B, and Lake 5. I have fished most atleast once, but have never been in that one.
    I even have a Pelican I have used in some of the smaller ones.
    Thank you.
    Good fishing to you as well.

10. Member
    I need to start spec fishing.
    Some nice catches!
    No sir. I have been pretty much sticking to Lake B, and Lake 5. I have fished most atleast once, but have never been in that one.
    I even have a Pelican I have used in some of the smaller ones.
    Thank you.
    Good fishing to you as well.
    I haven't heard much about Long Lake, that's why I asked. I've only fished lake B about 3 times, I have a tin boat so the more protected Lakes are better on me. I'm an old timer (76) but my Passion is fishing, I like to fish Bass, but I caught this speck bug and can't seem to shake it. Like you, I have fished most of the lakes there that have a ramp except a couple. Lake 3 was a favorite of mine for Specks and also some good bass there. Lake 5 has been good to me also, at certain times Picnic can be explosive.

This year I have had to slow down a lot, don't like it, but it is what it is right? lol

Its been a pleasure talking to you.

Regards from Lakeland.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olderthandirt View Post
    I haven't heard much about Long Lake, that's why I asked. I've only fished lake B about 3 times, I have a tin boat so the more protected Lakes are better on me. I'm an old timer (76) but my Passion is fishing, I like to fish Bass, but I caught this speck bug and can't seem to shake it. Like you, I have fished most of the lakes there that have a ramp except a couple. Lake 3 was a favorite of mine for Specks and also some good bass there. Lake 5 has been good to me also, at certain times Picnic can be explosive.

This year I have had to slow down a lot, don't like it, but it is what it is right? lol

Its been a pleasure talking to you.

Regards from Lakeland.
    I was in Lake 4 the last time I went using a jerkbait on catching specks, didn't catch a bass one. That was weird for me. Normally just catch a few bass in there, other than back when Lake 5 used to drain into it before they changed that. Used to sit in front of that pipe and catch all sorts of fish.
    Lake 3 is good. But haven't been there in a while.
    Lake 2 I only catch a few. Of the pits in that area I do the worst there. I even fished it pretty regular after they announced they shocked up a number of bass 8# and over and you get cash if you turn in the info from the tags.
    I didn't get lucky though.

Yes sir, nice talking to you as well.

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Terry, you should work as a Tenoroc P.R. person! Not only are you a major stick but you help people! I doubt anyone knows that place better than you
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Terry, you should work as a Tenoroc P.R. person! Not only are you a major stick but you help people! I doubt anyone knows that place better than you
    Thanks for the compliment!
    I try and be helpful to a ex stint. If we all fish the same way with the same baits in the same places, I think the bass will stop bitting for us. So I try to limit it with most. I even find I can't even get them on the same baits after a time period. I will change, and seriously think I catch bass with marks on them I have caught before in the same place. So if you go into to much detail with to many, you'd probably want to fish a whole different body of water than you have told them about. Or be happy with just spending time fishing, not catching.
    But I try and help when I can.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    I seen a couple trucks and trailers I have never seen before yesterday at Lake 5. Did y'all make it out? If so, how did y'all do?
    Last edited by 250bassFL; 04-14-2019 at 06:23 AM.

15. Member
    I seen a couple trucks and trailers I have never seen before yesterday at Lake 5. Did y'all make it out? If so, how did y'all do?
    Yes we did. It was Hit or Miss. Some Guys got good numbers but no size and some got a few real nice ones.

Me I did "ok", meaning I didn't get skunked but nothing special. I'll try it again and wish I lived closer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12