Thread: Sig P365

Sig P365

I picked up a gen3 version last week and put 150 rounds of FMJ and carry ammo through it with zero issues. For me this is the perfect carry gun. It carries like the 43 only with 10+1 or 12+1 with the extended magazine, and this is a big deal because the 43 was the most comfortable carry gun I have had. With the 3 magazines I can carry 33 rounds of 9mm comfortably. I actually shoot it as well or better than the 43 also. I am still amazed at the capacity in such a little gun. I have been watching and waiting since the early ones had some issues. It looks like they got the bugs worked out around June/July based on what the internet reports are suggesting.

2. Member
    I have an early one and have had zero issues with it. I love it and is my EDC for all the reasons you mentioned and it is pretty damn accurate for a little gun.
    5 Short of a limit

3. Member
    The P365 is a great gun.

4. Member
    How would you know if you have gen3 version ? S/N Maybe ? thanks
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

5. Member
    I bought one last year and love it. Zero problems.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    How would you know if you have gen3 version ? S/N Maybe ? thanks
    Pretty sure they are Gen 1's at this point. The gun was only introduced a year ago in January.

Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    Pretty sure they are Gen 1's at this point. The gun was only introduced a year ago in January.
    Not true. There is no official gen markings but there have been 3 revisions most refer to it as gen 1, 2, and 3. You can get an idea on the generation based on dates, but there are marking in the frame, firing pin was changed, extractor spring was changed I believe, and the barrel hood was changed.
    Here is a video that show the differences

8. Member
    Interesting --thanks
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

9. Member
    I was going to wait for the manual safety version to be released, until I saw the ambidextrous safety lever on both sides, I prefer the safety controls on the right side only like my M&P Shield. Agree though it is a very nice CC gun.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney P View Post
    Not true. There is no official gen markings but there have been 3 revisions most refer to it as gen 1, 2, and 3. You can get an idea on the generation based on dates, but there are marking in the frame, firing pin was changed, extractor spring was changed I believe, and the barrel hood was changed.
    Here is a video that show the differences
    Thanks Rodney

11. Member
    i have the gen 2 model,i wonder if sig does a update on my gen 2 to a gen 3

12. Member
    i just talked to a lady at sig sauer,i have a p365 that was made april or 2018 i think its a gen 2 it has the green sights but the numbers are in it when you pull the slide off,the lady told me there is no gen 1 gen 2 or 3 i said why did the sights change from white to green and firing pin all she kept saying no different gens,so i tell her to go on youtube and see the difference and she said you can't believe things on the internet,i told her was a real prize and have a nice day

I was looking at one of these little guys this past weekend. would rally like to like the gun but something about it just didn't seem to fit my hand well. might have just been at the time as it had a trigger lock on it that was kind of in the way somewhat.
    I carry a shield now in 9mm and also have a Sig P239 that I just picked up last week that I really like also but there again just single stack guns. I do carry a spare mag ready to go but still the 10+1 would really be nice to have..in case

14. Member
    I like everything about this gun---Just way too much negative stuff being written about it
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

15. Member
    I will stick with my glocks. EDC is a 43 with a +1
    2010 Xpress X21TS. 250 proXS
    2015 1860 grizzly. 40 Merc 4s

16. Member
    I have cpl of Glocks and they have been great ---I may get a 43 ----and the new Mossberg 7 rd mag ( they fit the 43 )
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max