Thread: Help with ID

Help with ID

Any help would be appreciated. The bottom one looks very similar to a Bandit, but doesn't have the molded in curved groove on the sides.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. cookshook
    Not sure about number 1 but number 2 appears to be a rebel we R and number 3 a strike king 3 series.

3. Member
    Number one maybe a Carolina Killer but I’m not positive

4. Member
    I think the bottom 2 are both Rebels. No clue on the top one. Looks like that rebel prismatic eye the had for a while on the bottom one..

5. Member
    If you look close, the lip on 3 is beveled all the way around on the underside. Not sure if that helps. I haven't found a match to any Rebels yet.

6. Member
    Cookshook, after further investigation, I do believe you nailed #3!

7. Member
    #1 looks like a Bagleys

8. Member
    So, I believe that Scboy is correct about #1 being a Carolina Killer. I'm pretty sure #2 is a Rebel mini-r. Thanks for all the replies, they put me on the right track.

9. Member
    Second is definitely a Rebel Mini series, #3 maybe a Mann's or at least painted like one as I have a couple baby 1- baits in that color.

Allen

10. Member
    Yes 1 is definitely a carolina killer. Is it for sale?

11. Member
    Quite certain no. 3 is not a Mann's. If it is, it's a model I've never seen. Just not shaped like a Mann's. A number of companies have painted their lures with that splatterback pattern.

Also, I say the middle lure is a Rebel but not a Mini-R...unless it is a good bit bigger than it looks in the photos. A Rebel Mini-R is a fairly large crankbait. I believe it is a Deep Wee-R.

But always remember, sometimes I'm wrong!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by preacher ed View Post
    Quite certain no. 3 is not a Mann's. If it is, it's a model I've never seen. Just not shaped like a Mann's. A number of companies have painted their lures with that splatterback pattern.

Also, I say the middle lure is a Rebel but not a Mini-R...unless it is a good bit bigger than it looks in the photos. A Rebel Mini-R is a fairly large crankbait. I believe it is a Deep Wee-R.

But always remember, sometimes I'm wrong!
    Agreed. Number 3 is definitely made by strike king

13. Member
    Ok I don’t know everything about Rebels and I agree with Eddie that the middle bait is smaller than a Mini R. With that said every Mini R, Wee R, Maxi R, Teeny R and the deep versions of each of these had names on the bills. I’m not saying there isn’t some out there but I’ve been fishing Rebels since the 70s and I’ve never seen these baits unmarked. Super Rs, Suspend Rs and Humpys I have seen unmarked. So what’s everyone’s thoughts on this? Like Darren said bottom bait looks like Strike King.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Moore View Post
    Ok I don’t know everything about Rebels and I agree with Eddie that the middle bait is smaller than a Mini R. With that said every Mini R, Wee R, Maxi R, Teeny R and the deep versions of each of these had names on the bills. I’m not saying there isn’t some out there but I’ve been fishing Rebels since the 70s and I’ve never seen these baits unmarked. Super Rs, Suspend Rs and Humpys I have seen unmarked. So what’s everyone’s thoughts on this? Like Darren said bottom bait looks like Strike King.
    I've never saw a true rebel in the models you mentioned that wasn't marked either. That one looks like a deep wee r to me. OP, hold it up to the light, sometimes the name wears enough on the bill that you can only see it in the light. It should be on top of the bill.

15. Member
    What Darren said about the name wearing off of the bills. I'm not sure why or how it does it, but I have had a number of them that only part of the lettering was barely visible. Funny thing is, on most of them like that they are not in bad shape! I would expect the bait to show a lot of use and that is not always the case.

Donnie is also correct in that the 3 lures he mentioned, I have seen unmarked as well.

Over the last few years, I have had 2 "Rebels" that I will go to my grave believing that they are truly Rebels (unless someone shows me different...lol). The have both been in Rebel's natural Brown Craw. But I just haven't known what they are. Seem to be a little larger than the Deep Wee R's but not as big as a Mini. My only guess is that it is a suspending lure, but don't know which model. It has a rounded belly. If I had known this thread would pop up, I would have saved the last one that came through my hands!