Camping At Perris

For the SoCal anglers among us, I will be camping and fishing Perris from the 18th Mar to the morning of the 22nd (Friday). I'm going to be there with boat, so if anyone wishes to fish, please let me know. If you see me on the lake, swing by and tell me I'm lucky my Nitro has blown up in my face etc.............as I've a very warped sense of humor and will find that funny. Or just say hello, that works as well. PM for contact digits if you want to fish.

G
    Nitro Z6 Optimax115 Elite HDI5 Bow 5x Pro Console

2. Member
    Hopefully the weather will be nicer then
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwurzel View Post
    For the SoCal anglers among us, I will be camping and fishing Perris from the 18th Mar to the morning of the 22nd (Friday). I'm going to be there with boat, so if anyone wishes to fish, please let me know. If you see me on the lake, swing by and tell me I'm lucky my Nitro has blown up in my face etc.............as I've a very warped sense of humor and will find that funny. Or just say hello, that works as well. PM for contact digits if you want to fish.

G
    Very cool, hope you kill em man
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

You're coming in at the right time...spawners should be staging and getting ready for the full moon.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

5. Member
    Looking forward to this trip, had to miss a lot of fishing last year due to work commitments, not happening this year. Timing was lucky, hoping the weather stays stable (dont care if its cold, rainy, hot etc, just as long as its stable) and got a sneaky suspicion I'll be spending a lot of time flipping to the back of the lovely new cover there..............hoping the temps are up and around 64 or higher.......guess we'll see.

Got Wednesday and Thursday open now.............
    Last edited by gwurzel; 03-07-2019 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Forgot to update days left.

6. Member
    They are already chewing and chewing real good if you know where to look...Been going twice a week.

Got the same week off of work and will be there as well - Prime time.

Good luck!

7. Member
    Perris is only about 15 minutes from me so I try and get out there as much as possible. THe Winter I had figured out but lately I can't seem to figure it out. So much flooded cover it is hard for me to figure out what is good and what isn't

8. Member
    Heard the water is cold, so packed some ice jigs just in case. Got multiple rods rigged, already packed, will be there Sunday evening for a early start on Monday...so cant wait. Its been a while since I've felt like this lol......srsnow, know how that feels, hit it wrong early last year, 5 days with very few fish to show for it.....

While I remember, if anyone can use a Lowrance HDI 5, I have one for free, gratis, no cost.....let me know and I'll bring it down with me.....(way to cheap to pay for postage)

9. Member
    With the weather changes (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday rain), made the fishing a bit tough. Found some dinks and got them to bite in 15 - 20' of water, in the tree's to the back of the island. Camp staff were there usual very helpful selves, met some great people in the camp grounds - until 2 bigger groups got into it on the evening of Thursday. Overall a pretty good time, 4 days of fishing taking its toll on my body lol...........found empty beds, and water temp was 57.9 just before it rained, dropped 2 degree's due to that front pushing through. Overall, enjoyed it despite it being tough as all get out - never found anything big to cast at, but the new garmins performed flawlessly (even with the cv52 transducer), such a big upgrade on my previous stuff. Still disappointed in my Nitro, it just keeps going without blowing up, top section coming off the lower, not trying to kill me on plane etc........

Still got the lowrance if anyone wants it........

Oh, and it was skinny senko's, flylined that did the damage (top five must have weighed at least 3 pounds) and you should be aware if you fish the tree's at the back of the island, there are a few stumps that have been cut, that are just below the surface, so be careful and dont go in there on plane.............
    Last edited by gwurzel; 03-23-2019 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Forgot to say how I caught them

10. Member
    The dropping water killed my shallow bite (Temp drop didn't help either) - But after a few adjustments I found the big females. Some areas are definitely better than others... Had a few shots at some real tanks and was able to get my buddy a PB a 7.7 and go my day on a 8...A few 5's & 6's peppered in. Didn't get to add to my DD list but it was a fun week.

11. Member
    Heard the water temp has come up a bit, and they are beginning to bed up - which sounds about right, and is the way my luck goes. nice work on the above Matt, sadly I dont get much time to fish, which makes it difficult to locate AND get them to bite lol..........cant complain though, thats what pays for everything in the first place.