Pedestal seat base

Hey guys, I've got an 04 195 and am having problems with the seat bases. I'm having a really hard time getting the pedestal seats out of the deck. The last time it took 3 guys at C&O and a couple of pipe wrenches to twist it out. I'm looking at changing to something a little more user friendly since i do need them sometimes Is there an adapter i can put in and use a different size seat post? thanks.
    Trent Canterbury
    Huntsville, AL

04 Stratos 195 PXL
    16 ETEC HO 200

2. Member
    I had the same issue on my Stratos. I took an small angle grinder with a light grit and sanded down 3 or 4 inches of the pedestal post. I just kept going around the post with the sander. I would do a little bit then check with base. The correct way and the way that would look the best would be to take the post to someone that has a lathe and have them turn down the diameter of the post to fit more loosely. But be careful not to take to much off because you don't want the post to move around alot when you are sitting in it.

3. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    When I purchased my rig in 2003, the rear pole would get stuck. I noticed that the carpet and glue had curled down into the hole. A razor blade made the difference by gently cutting out the overflow of carpet and glue. Could this be your problem?

4. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    I have the same problem on my '04 295 Pro XL, so I'm trading it in next week.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

5. Member
    I was able to pull the plastic sleeve from the front deck and sand it down some. used a dremel and some buffing compound on the seat post. that combination seems to work but i can't get the plastic sleeve out of the rear deck. Don't think carpet is the issue.
    Trent Canterbury
    Huntsville, AL

04 Stratos 195 PXL
    16 ETEC HO 200

6. Member
    I have found easiest way to remove bushings is a wood chisel. I had ordered several bushings from various suppliers and finally got the right bushing from Scott at Ranger Parts.

7. Member
    ok, thanks!
    Trent Canterbury
    Huntsville, AL

04 Stratos 195 PXL
    16 ETEC HO 200

8. Member
    I had even called Springfield marine to get the bushing and was told it has two different sizes. Scott At Ranger sent me two and the one that would not work i sent back. I saved the label for future reference. Also make sure the holde is cleaned and free of any carpet and glue.