Anyone on here going to the KBF Nat. Championship?

I've been perusing videos of some of the lakes that are eligible and wondered what stage the bass typically are in in late March down there. Looking forward to checking out the water down there-leaving the Sunday before and pre-fishing/exploring until Day 1 of the tournament. The Red River seems to be touch and go WRT fishability....

I had plans to be there but the Coast Guard decided otherwise. I’m headed to sea for a few months and won’t be making it now. My wife will be there as usual helping to run the event and overseeing the judging. You’ll have fish in all stages during that time. The bulk of the spawn will be done but there will still be a few on the beds.

3. Member
    I see a lot of folks canceling out. I'm staying in a camper with a fellow club member. We were going to have 3 guys, but the first guy backed out because he just go a new job, them his replacement cancelled out due to being totally out of work. I predicted that happening and told the camper owner to try to get the deposits early. I'm staying at the KOA in Shreveport.

There will still be plenty of folks there to keep it interesting and to make sure the payouts are still well worth attending. In my opinion the NC should be a limited field. Not sure what number I think would be adequate to promote large sponsorship from companies and yet keep it from being overcrowded on the water for the anglers. Maybe 300? I know the past two years at the NC it was crowded just about everywhere I went on Kentucky Lake or Barkley and those are massive bodies of water! This year with multiple lakes in play it could do a good job of spreading everyone out. Now there's talk of cancelling the Red River portion which would be a good decision in my opinion. The Red River is out of it's banks right now and the safety aspect will hopefully take it off the eligible waters list. That and having the final day be decided there would be pretty tough with the current conditions. I'm hoping Chad takes some of the suggestions of picking a body of water and not announcing it until the night before the final day in order to keep the playing field even. The thought of it being a new body of water that wasn't previously eligible (MLF - Anywhere's possible style) would make it even more interesting!!