Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Anybody use Costas repair program

I recently broke the arm on a pair of Costas. They are a few years old (Man-O-war frames) and have been since discontinued. Im not sure how they will handle a pair that has been discontinued. How did everybody else make out with their repair?

I did recently. All it cost me was shipping to them and $12.00 repair fee. Got a new frame. I had broken the arm on the ones I sent in. The whole process took about a week and their communication was top notch the whole time.

3. Member
    Glad you mentioned this. Stepped on a pair at night and smashed a lens. Wasnt happy about that at all.

4. Member
    I dropped my Man o war sunglasses off the top of my head snapped the plastic eye. Sent them to Costa they sent me an email saying they discontinued that style. They offered several other styles to pick from with the comparable lens as replacements.you have to pay shipping. I have to say not all styles on their site are available as a replacement but I was able to find a pair that I liked. They sent a brand new pair in the box as if you ordered them..in box.
    Last edited by JR21RDC; 03-05-2019 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Added info

5. Member
    costa will definitely take care of you. send em in......

6. Member
    Got a bad scratch on one lens and was thinking about sending the glasses in to have the lens replaced. Was ok with paying for this repair/lens replacement.

Sadly, I took my hat off my head last week while on the water and completely forgot I had my glasses sitting up there!

So, I guess I almost had the chance to find out a little more about their customer service! But not just yet. Oh well.

7. Member
    Costa was putting in a prescription in my frames then they said they got broken while there I guess so my frames was discontinued also. They offered me a new frame of choice.

8. Member
    Used them twice. First time I had a pair that was probably 10 years old and figured I'd owe some money on it. They fixed the problem, plus replaced the nose pieces and maybe even the lenses for $12. The next time, I paid more for the repairs as they said the damage was my fault but it still wasn't too much.

9. Member
    Highly recommend to send them in - I had a broken lens frame and they repaired with new frame and old lenses for the $12. Another pair, the side arm broke (my fault) and Costa sent me a brand NEW pair for $50 (instead of $200+ for new retail). Still a great deal. Send them in...

10. Member
    I really don't know what happen to me. I had pair that rubber was coming off arms. I sent them in. No longer made.
    I pick out new style same price range. Cost me $88 for new or send old back no charge. I think I remember them saying mine were out of warranty.
    I paid the $88.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR21RDC View Post
    I dropped my Man o war sunglasses off the top of my head snapped the plastic eye. Sent them to Costa they sent me an email saying they discontinued that style. They offered several other styles to pick from with the comparable lens as replacements.you have to pay shipping. I have to say not all styles on their site are available as a replacement but I was able to find a pair that I liked. They sent a brand new pair in the box as if you ordered them..in box.
    Same situation here.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

Use the repair tab on their website to get instructions on how to start the process. Don't just send them in without contacting them.

13. Member
    Yes I have used them. Tint started coming off one lens. These were a few years old. Costa replaced both lens They are just like new now Very happy with their warranty and customer service.

14. Member
    Costa has some of the best service in the industry.

If they have the parts they will send it to you with a fee attached. If they no longer have the parts then you get a credit towards new glasses.

16. Member
    So how does the payment part work... You setup a claim online and send them in. Do they contact you with an invoice etc once te repair is made ?

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    So how does the payment part work... You setup a claim online and send them in. Do they contact you with an invoice etc once te repair is made ?

Yes.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Yes.
    Thanks.. Ill have to get that process started today. I knew better than leaving them out of the case. Guess I like to learn the hard way.

19. Member
    I had to send 1 pair back for a manufacture defect arm. Not sure why but they sent me a new pair of glasses at no charge.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

20. Member
    There the best. I have used them 3 or 4 times
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast