Anyone going nuts!?!?

This winter has me about to lose my mind....anyone else there??? I’m not seeing much for fishing on the river here anytime soon unless we have a quick warmup. Calling for one of the worst flooding years in history though too !!!

2. Member
    Yeah, it's been a bummer. Was thinking of taking a trip to the Ozarks. I'm sure the river will be high all season.

3. Member
    F*ck winter

Same here... new goodies are starting to arrive for the boat I'm going to install in the spring and the bigger the pile, the more stir crazy I go.

5. Banned
    2 week forecast looks like the temps are going in the right direction. I'm guessing 2 1/2-3 weeks till ice out unless we get a couple of 50-60 degree days. Now the bigger question is, will the snow piles across the alley way have melted by then so I can get my boat out of my garage?

6. Member
    Just about stir crazy here. Messing with tackle is not getting it done anymore. Pretty sure the river will be a mess for awhile so thinking about alternative plans now.

7. Member
    Just got back from Guntersville, the itch has been fixed. Weather and fishing was horrible, but still caught an 8lbr. I'm happy.

8. Member

9. Member
    Dang Nate nice catch!!! Way to make the rest of us feel like losers

10. Member
    With the snow pac up north and all the rain plus the river was high to begin with, it's gonna be a mess. The local pools went over flood stage four times last year, it's really getting old.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    With the snow pac up north and all the rain plus the river was high to begin with, it's gonna be a mess. The local pools went over flood stage four times last year, it's really getting old.
    Seems like it gets worse every year. I think I’m going to start fishing Lost Grove Lake more because of this. I hear the crappie are getting decent. Not sure about the bass fishing.

I've only been back in the states for a few weeks but I have been finding an excuse to get over to the storage unit to spend some time with my boat almost every single day. Today, I spent about an hour going through and restocking my soft plastics and then fixed my trolling motor. All it has done has made me want to get the boat wet something fierce. The good news is that I will have the boat in the water at Beaver Lake, AR in early April for sure. I guess we will just see if we have open water around here prior to that.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

13. Member
    From Dubuque on down pools are raising 4ft starting March 14 could go higher, to coin the lyrics of a 70s tune, it's only just begun. In my 35 years of fishing this river I have never seen high water like we have had the last 6 years. Development of of the land that used to absorb water, farmers running drainage tile in their fields to speed up drainage and the siltation of backwaters , you will end up with a flooded river. Go to the NOAA website and see when the highest levels have been recorded, most have been in the last 20 years. The northern pools still have backwaters and remain more stable.