For about 2 years I have heard from a friend of mine about the great ride of a particular custom FL made boat. My friend was and is passionate about how much room it has, the ride in rough water, and the shallow draft. This past Friday we went out on a pretty rough Lake Wheeler for a few hours to fish some. After a ride from Ingalls Harbor down river a few miles he slowed down and asked me what I thought about the "good ride" in the rough water. I told him it was "a good ride". After we arrived at the fishing spot, my friend stuck his rod tip in the water to show me how shallow it was where we were fishing. It was about 12"-15" deep. He remarked "Not many full size boats can get this shallow". The accolades continued all afternoon. I was respectful as my friend has a nice boat and it did perform well. At the ramp before loading up having had a great time catching a good many good bass, he asked what my thoughts were on the boat. I told him there was not another one like it on the TN River that I knew of and he had a lock on uniqueness. He asked if the ride impressed me. Uh Oh! I'm not one to lie very much so I told him that if he meant how did it compare to my XB21 I was not impressed all that much. He asked "How's that?" I told him the ride in his boat was about average for a 20' boat in my opinion, and that I could have run over 80 easily with a smoother ride and when we got where we fished I could have gone more shallow. He was good natured and said "Really?" I said absolutely. I guess I'm relating this story because it is a broke record for most of us. If people are really serious about a great ride, speed, shallow draft, great looks, great resell, and uniqueness, they need not look at further. Period. But, I do like having a boat that there is not 10,000 running around just like it. So there is something to be said for everybody "not" riding in one before buying a boat. LOL