Trailering a bike

Do any of you trailer your bike? I love riding, but until I get a new seat I can't always do the long rides. I'm thinking of trailering the bike somehow and taking it with on some trips out west and then riding when I get there. Any ideas? If you put it in the back of the truck, how do you secure it?

Here's my baby.

bike.jpg

Call me a "Trailer Queen". My scoot really isn't made for touring, even though I have been on a few long rides. I trailer mine every time I go on a trip. Getting ready to go the Daytona in a few days. What I have is a 7X14 enclosed, dual axle, torsion bar suspension, Easy Rider Trailer made by Homesteader. She can handle 2 big bikes, easy to secure since I keep my scoot in the trailer at night ( I have keys to lock or open the ramp door or side door, no pad locks), keeps the scoot out of the elements (that's important to me), towing is no worst that towing my boat. I tow with my Suburban, cuts down on gas mileage, but who cares about that. I've never use the bed of a truck to haul a scoot, to me that's a lot of work & probably not a one man job to load or unload. Glenn

3. Member
    I’ve put several in the back of a pick up. Anything from. Sport bike to my Harley. If you can find a canyon dancer handlebar harness it works great for tie down point and can keep things pretty secure. Made a few 8-10 hours trips that way.

4. Member
    They make the 'self loading' systems that put the bike from the ground into the back of the truck. It is secured before goes in. Kind of makes the truck semi usless for other stuff, but the bike is secure. Other than that a trailer. I use an open 4'X8' single axle with a Baxley chock and straps. I can put two bikes on it but I have to watch the weight. Yours is probably in the 800-900 lb range?

5. Member
    https://www.uhaul.com/Trailers/Motor...ler-Rental/MT/

An enclosed like Glenn describes is best, but you’ll have to put it somewhere when not using it and maintain it. We have both a big utility and enclosed in the family and I’ve Used both over the years. t’s hard to beat renting one for an occasional use.

6. Member
    You guys have given me a lot of ideas to think about! I've been checking out all the links and info, but duh, I never thought about renting a trailer. I have been looking at toy haulers also, so that may be a solution for long term.
    Can't wait to start riding again, but I'm thinking with all the snow we've had it may be awhile! I'm not like this guy....

Screenshot_2019-02-28-04-47-56.png

Yeah, that's a sidecar!

Quote Originally Posted by maralunatic View Post
    You guys have given me a lot of ideas to think about! I've been checking out all the links and info, but duh, I never thought about renting a trailer. I have been looking at toy haulers also, so that may be a solution for long term.
    Can't wait to start riding again, but I'm thinking with all the snow we've had it may be awhile! I'm not like this guy....

Screenshot_2019-02-28-04-47-56.png

Yeah, that's a sidecar!
    Yeah he can say he did it. But it sure don’t look like fun.
    Ive done it as well in freezing conditions but I was young with a broken truck and no other transportation.

8. Member
    I bought this ramp for my dirt bike and it is really a bit of overkill for the weight of my bike. However, it's in 3 pieces, so I can easily move it around and then fold it and stick it in the truck or bed of the truck.

I wanted a nice long and wide ramp so I could put my feet down if I needed. I think each section weighs like 20 pounds or a little less.

https://www.discountramps.com/motorc...EaAnp8EALw_wcB
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS