anyone used this Radio system in their boat

Wife is wanting to put a Radio in the boat and I'm not a huge fan of cutting holes in my boat for recievers and speaker.
    then I found this one from Boss Audio. and I think it will fit in my console where the old flasher is that doesn't work anyway.

was curious if anyone had used it before
    https://www.bossaudio.com/product/ma...o-mckgb350w-6/

Pretty common. There is a Bose, Jenson, ad Sony round models hat will fit in place of Speedo, Tach, or old flasher cutout. But you are going to have to cut holes or build boxes for the speakers. You also have to consider what you will need for an antenna and whereto mount it. Under deck dipole may not work in some areas or in a metal boat.

3. Member
    This is what I use. JBL-PRV175 Jbl Am/Fm/Bt/USB 4X45 Stereo It is really nice. Installed it 3 seasons ago on my New Skeeter, functions perfectly

4. Member
    I use those and only hole is for speakers, the antenna that I chose was the flexible wire one that I glued across the top of the windshield.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

5. Member
    I am like you and dont like cutting any more holes in the boat than I have to. I ordered a self contained bluetooth wakeboard boat speaker and mounted in under the console. It is not really a true radio, but I typically like to listen to my music from phone anyways. I posted pictures in this thread.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=953248
    2019 Nitro Z-18 DC
    Mercury 150 Pro-XS 4-Stroke 23 Fury

I think this would work well for me as on my boat is has a Flippin deck which makes the step up to it from the floor pretty big and the wife is "vertically Challenged" so I could make a speaker box a step up on the deck.
    and would get rid of the flasher that dosent work in my console.

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    That's what I did on mine for the radio Luke I installed a Jensen in the flasher hole. The speaker step up is a good idea.

8. Member
    I use an FM under-dash dipole antenna. I doesn't work as well as a conventional, metal vertical antenna, but is neatly hidden. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_822SCA...SEACAAMFM.html
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

9. Member
    I have a stereo in my boat but most the time I use a JBL Flip 4 or JBL charge 4 bluetooth speaker. The flip 4 is a nice small size with good sound (the charge is bigger, but even bettery sound/base). I just lay it in the seat, or anywhere, and play stuff stored on my phone or something like pandora.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

10. Member
    I have it works fine

I don't know about that setup...But I just bought a 1500 watt mono subwoofer amp made by Boss...pretty good stuff and affordable..

I put one of those round ones in my dash a few years ago. Two problems I have: 1- the soft antenna that I have wrapped around the outside of my dash/under the windshield, it doesn't get good reception. I end up using the USB function and playing saved songs. 2- It drains the battery FAST. I had a 29 series and could only play music for 30 minutes before the starting/electronics batter would die. I upgraded to a 31 series and can get just over an hour now. Something about knowing if you forget to turn off the radio, you could get stuck on the lake, I don't like that. I only use mine sporadically now.

13. Banned
    I bought two Scosche Boom Bottle blue tooth speaker. They pair together so you get stereo sound. Sit them in cup holders. Use my phone to stream to them.

14. Member
    I have put that radio in my last 2 boats. It works well for me. For the speakers, I would use a Polk audio, close to the same money, but a lot better speaker. I ran an amp with mine as well and it sounds really good, got you don't have to do that.

15. Member
    I have the Jensen model and it's OK. It's not bluetooth so maybe that's why I just rate it OK. It also has worthless radio receptions w/out an antenna, which who wants to mount a radio antenna on a boat?? Radio works good if you are close to a metro area.

any sponsors on here selling the boss gauge hole stereo?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector