Thread: 2017 Alpha 199

2017 Alpha 199

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a brand new leftover 2017 Alpha 199 with a 225 ProXs. Any body have any insight on them? I am looking to improve my rough water ride (coming from my Ranger 519). I do not care a ton about speed but I am curious as to what one of these will run. Also any positives/negatives about them?

Thank you
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

2. Member
    I had a 06 519 that i bought new. Kept it 6 years.
    Im in a 08 199 now and my neck couldnt be happier. The 519 pounded hard in rough water and i would get whiplash.
    The 199 is a lot better in rough water but not quite as stable fishing platform and not as much deck space or storage
    Mine is set up to do about 70 alone and 60 +with a full load 25 fury . I have had it 74 with a 26 tempest
    Over all i like the Legend better

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    I had a 06 519 that i bought new. Kept it 6 years.
    Im in a 08 199 now and my neck couldnt be happier. The 519 pounded hard in rough water and i would get whiplash.
    The 199 is a lot better in rough water but not quite as stable fishing platform and not as much deck space or storage
    Mine is set up to do about 70 alone and 60 +with a full load 25 fury . I have had it 74 with a 26 tempest
    Over all i like the Legend better
    Where is most of the storage loss? The middle storage compartment between the rod lockers looks narrow. I am assuming trays go in there perpendicular to the centerline of the boat?
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    2022 Silverado

4. Member
    That middle compartment is a lot smaller but i manage just fine.
    7'6" rod has a hard time fitting in rod lockers but i dont use them for rods much .

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    That middle compartment is a lot smaller but i manage just fine.
    7'6" rod has a hard time fitting in rod lockers but i dont use them for rods much .
    I have a 2009 Alpha 199 and have no trouble with a 7'9" rod. Never been in a Ranger 519 so can't compare. My 199 works for me. If something happened to it would be looking for another one.

6. Member
    I had a 2008 and once I removed the passenger console it made it easier on the longer rods.

7. Member
    my consoles been out for 4 years, doesnt make the rod lockers any bigger
    Dont have any problem on the deck

8. Member
    Are any of you worried about replacement parts or anything like that? I am kind of hesitant on this because of them no longer being made.
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    2022 Silverado

9. Member
    Have any of you expirienced any issues with stress cracks or fit and finish on them?
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    2022 Silverado

10. Member
    I have a 2009 199 that has been good to me. Everything is still tight and works as it should, no rattles, and no stress cracks. The only thing that I’ve had to replace is the socket for my trolling motor but that was an easy fix because it was a TH Marine product. My one concern is the keypad. Mine works as it should but if that goes out it may be difficult to find a replacement. It’s possible to convert to toggles but that will be pricey. I only mention the keypad because I know that has been an issue for some.
    Mine runs low to mid 60’s with heavy tournament load, twin power poles, and a partner. With just me and a light load I can hit about 71. No doubt, you will appreciate the ride in a heavy chop or rough main lake.

11. Member
    I have a 2010 Alpha 211 and like Jeff, the only thing that concerns me is the push button key pad. I wonder if there is an after market replacement for these. But as far as stress cracks or fit and finish, it is one of the best boats I have ever owned.

12. Member
    I am in a 2012 Alpha 211
    If you go to look at the boat and everything is nice (assuming its immaculate because new)
    then there is pretty much no worries there vs any other brand boat

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
    I have a 2009 Alpha 199 and have no trouble with a 7'9" rod. Never been in a Ranger 519 so can't compare. My 199 works for me. If something happened to it would be looking for another one.
    No stress cracks.

14. Member
    No stress cracks on mine. Most replacement parts that we will ever need are made by someone else

15. Member
    Thanks for the info everyone! I have a couple of people interested in my 519. If sell that, I might go pick up the Legend, seems like one of the better deals I have seen on a new boat.
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    2022 Silverado

16. Member
    I ordered an extra key pad for my 2015 211R from the guys that are doing the warranty work in Streetman Tx just incase

'13 199.

its one of the best riding boats you'll ever be in. i've never hit a wave or come down hard and had the boat shudder & smack the water. It's incredibly solid.
    Hard to keep the nose high if its really rough and you have to go with the waves (like 3' foot), if you're not careful you can poke a few. This can be fixed by going with a 4 blade or smaller prop with more cup than the standard 25 fury (if you have merc anyway).

Storage is adequate. get rid of the rod tubes. I can fit 8' rods, but they snake through a little gap in the front bulkhead. i carry 15-18 rods no prob. center storage is fine, plust room in the driver side rod locker (which really doesn't hold rods if you have the day box in front).

Speed - i could get 73 with power poles, half tank and a 24v TM system, 1 person, empty livewells. I've touched 68/69 with empty wells and 2 guys with a 36v system. But mid 60s is common and i've got the thing packed to the gills - could tweak it with prop and jackplate, but i'm fine where it is.

Mine has no stress cracks.

The company that makes the key pad is still around and i'm told that you can get replacements direct from them if you need one.

I would probably have liked a 211 better, but no regrets whatsoever.

I have a 2012 199 and like others find the speed reasonable at 65-ish with a tourney load. Storage is okay. Often get looks from Co's that they can't fit a small backpack there. Small spider cracks around the curved areas of the compartment are typical - Esp. in the livewell, and rear storage.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Boone View Post
    I have a 2010 Alpha 211 and like Jeff, the only thing that concerns me is the push button key pad. I wonder if there is an after market replacement for these. But as far as stress cracks or fit and finish, it is one of the best boats I have ever owned.
    From what I understand there is a company in canada that still makes them and the brain they just don't have the legend logo, buttons may be marked different too as I think they put these keypads in other vehicles/equipment, not sure what kind.