Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Battle of the Hair Jig Tournament

Saturday, myself and my 84 year old grandfather fished the Battle of the Hair Jig Tourney on Lake Eufaula at Fountain Head Marina. 35 entries and we started fishing around 715. By 10 am not one fish caught would have went 10 inches and less than a total of about 6 or 7 fish caught by all! To this point not one fish had been caught inside the heated area and everyone was out in the cold with the north wind slamming them. Eufuala does not have a size limit and the tournament rule was heaviest weight and each person could catch the limit of 37 fish. At 230 pm the weigh in began and the 1st place weight was 3.9 pounds . It was a very slow and cold day to say the least!!!!! With that being said, The Director Roy Moss did a great job putting it together and we had a lot of fun besides fighting the cold. The Marina staff was great and would serve biscuits and gravy and all the coffee one could drink. They also had a lot of door prizes given away. I believe this will be something they are going to start doing more often for any of you somewhat locals that would that would be interested I will keep you updated.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

2. Banned
    Heated area?

3. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Heated area?
    Fishing from the docks I guess.....?

4. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Heated area?
    inside had 4 open bays and all of inside was heated.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

5. Member
    Sounds like a tough day on the water...been there and done that. Spring will arrive soon enough and we will have crappie in abundance once again