Thread: Ballistic Boats

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    I don't doubt what you guys are saying is true, especially given the greater width (and fishability) of that big front deck, but how would anyone know? Nobody has ran the two against each other with similar rigging yet. Time will tell on if the Ballistic is as fast, for now that is just speculation. The looks is obviously very subjective....and I get that most Bass boat guys are older and very traditional for the most part, but to my eye, the Ballistic looks far far better and more modern and up to date, and I love the way Bullets look too, and would absolutely buy one, just my opinon
    How exactly do you know that no one has run them against each other. And if it only cracks a hundred with a 450hp sho. It's not as fast as a Bullet

2. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    I don't doubt what you guys are saying is true, especially given the greater width (and fishability) of that big front deck, but how would anyone know? Nobody has ran the two against each other with similar rigging yet. Time will tell on if the Ballistic is as fast, for now that is just speculation. The looks is obviously very subjective....and I get that most Bass boat guys are older and very traditional for the most part, but to my eye, the Ballistic looks far far better and more modern and up to date, and I love the way Bullets look too, and would absolutely buy one, just my opinon
    I don’t think they’re new. I believe they’ve been out for a few years. Wonder if the wider body is as great as the 21 Bullet in rough water. Did I read somewhere that they put a 450hp Yamaha turbo or some tricked out motor and it ran right at 100. If we’re comparing speeds then I would think the Bullet is faster. I love the wider hull. Hate the console and the hull design on the side but really like the layout.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

3. Banned
    Bullet's 21"10" boat have a 91 inch beam and Ballistic's 22"3' boat has a 94"beam...

Paul Nichol's ran the Bullet 21SST at 103 mph with the new Mercury 300R so with a 450hp???... Dan

Check out the 1:50 mark...

Quote Originally Posted by jayfaro View Post
    I don’t think they’re new. I believe they’ve been out for a few years. Wonder if the wider body is as great as the 21 Bullet in rough water. Did I read somewhere that they put a 450hp Yamaha turbo or some tricked out motor and it ran right at 100. If we’re comparing speeds then I would think the Bullet is faster. I love the wider hull. Hate the console and the hull design on the side but really like the layout.
    I feel the same way about it, Jay.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member
    A 21 xrd with a 300r will run 100 wonder what it would do with 450 hp?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    How exactly do you know that no one has run them against each other. And if it only cracks a hundred with a 450hp sho. It's not as fast as a Bullet
    How exactly do you know they HAVE run against each other with similar rigging? I didn't say it WAS faster, just the opposite. I'm just saying all you guys saying "the bullet is faster" have zero data to back that claim up...none. If you have it, post it. Again, I don't doubt you guys are correct at all.
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

7. Member
    I would consider any manufacturer that has only produced a handful of boats over a few years "new"...maybe that's just me

How exactly do you know they HAVE run against each other with similar rigging? I didn't say it WAS faster, just the opposite. I'm just saying all you guys saying "the bullet is faster" have zero data to back that claim up...none. If you have it, post it. Again, I don't doubt you guys are correct at all.
    Whether or not they’ve dragged on water side by side isn’t the point. It takes 450hp to push a Ballistic to touch a 100. Far less HP has thrown a Bullet over the 100 mark.

9. Banned
    I would consider any manufacturer that has only produced a handful of boats over a few years "new"...maybe that's just me
    From their website... Dan

Jim Wells started Ballistic Boats in 2015 after spending nearly 15 years in the industry.

https://www.ballisticboats.org/about.html

10. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Might be a reason?

As for the initial post, I was agreeing with you with the exception of that being a new boat and being unsure of being as fast as or faster than a Bullet and about the console design. I do like how the Ballistic carries the beam much more forward than a Bullet. No doubt it looks fast and probably is but not in the class of some of the other higher performance boats with a 250/300. I’ve been trying to find a weight for the hull and haven’t been able to find one. If a 21 Bullet will run low 100s with a 300. The Ballistic took a 450 SHO to run 100. That means it’s just not as fast. That’s all.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    From their website... Dan

Jim Wells started Ballistic Boats in 2015 after spending nearly 15 years in the industry.

https://www.ballisticboats.org/about.html
    So they are pretty "new" then...about a 4 year old company. No one newer making fiberglass Bass boats that I am aware of??

12. Member
    Might be a reason?

As for the initial post, I was agreeing with you with the exception of that being a new boat and being unsure of being as fast as or faster than a Bullet and about the console design. I do like how the Ballistic carries the beam much more forward than a Bullet. No doubt it looks fast and probably is but not in the class of some of the other higher performance boats with a 250/300. I’ve been trying to find a weight for the hull and haven’t been able to find one. If a 21 Bullet will run low 100s with a 300. The Ballistic took a 450 SHO to run 100. That means it’s just not as fast. That’s all.
    That all sounds good to me. I'm not trying to get all the Bullet guys mad at me lol. I own a Ranger, I admittedly know nothing about fast boats

13. Banned
    So they are pretty "new" then...about a 4 year old company. No one newer making fiberglass Bass boats that I am aware of??
    Let's see how many Vexus kicks out in the first year... I'd bet more than Ballistic in their first 4... Time to sh!t or get off the pot... Dan

14. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    That all sounds good to me. I'm not trying to get all the Bullet guys mad at me lol. I own a Ranger, I admittedly know nothing about fast boats
    The fact we’re on the water is all that matters. Well we’re not actually on the water unless you consider standing on it.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Let's see how many Vexus kicks out in the first year... I'd bet more than Ballistic in their first 4... Time to sh!t or get off the pot... Dan
    Is that really a fair comparison? They will "kick out" about 10 times more bullets than have been produced over the last decade in the first year too...what's your point? Ballistic is a high end custom, made to order boat builder in the Bass boat hot bed of Fruitland, Idaho, not exactly the same as 100 Ranger employees walking across the street and starting up a company. You guys are REALLY sensitive about your boats...

16. Member
    NOTHING beats a bullet boys! NOTHING! These guys have the t shirts and stickers on their trucks to prove it.
    1995 Xpress Pro 56
    Suzuki DT150

No one is trying to bust your chops, but we do own Bullets and have a lot of hours of butt time, adjustments, prop testing and such. I think Ballistic has potential and I’m sure down the road they’ll tweak things like design, color schemes and layouts. As far as speed, it just takes a lot less to push a Bullet. It’ll be everyone’s opinion what they choose to buy.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    No one is trying to bust your chops, but we do own Bullets and have a lot of hours of butt time, adjustments, prop testing and such. I think Ballistic has potential and I’m sure down the road they’ll tweak things like design, color schemes and layouts. As far as speed, it just takes a lot less to push a Bullet. It’ll be everyone’s opinion what they choose to buy.
    I get that. Bullets are bad ass boats, no doubt about that

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    NOTHING beats a bullet boys! NOTHING! These guys have the t shirts and stickers on their trucks to prove it.
    Lol...the thread was started by the OP about Ballistic but it's 3 pages about Bullets

Like the wider deck and IMHO it looks 1000 times better than a bullet

Now if someone has a used one for around 20k I am in lol

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast