Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Bass Cat carpet hands down. It's fantastic stuff. Your feet and legs will thank you for it.

Ranger and basscat carpet that they supply are the same thing. Syntec brand carpet. Ranger is cheaper in shipping though. Way cheaper.

3. Banned
    Isn't the Bass Cat a thicker carpet? The last time I re did a boat the Ranger and Bass Cat carpet were different.

4. Member
    Great tip mr. blue! I will give that a shot.

Thanks sir
    CH

1990 Ranger 365V Comanche with Yamaha 175 on a tandem axle ranger trailer. Why upgrade when this baby does the job just fine? They don\'t make them like this anymore! Even though it doesn\'t look like a fish/ski...I can mount a tripod and yank folks around on a tube, skis or whatever. Great for those hot-hot mid-day breaks. You won\'t find a prettier 21 year old Ranger. Not even one tear in the original seats.

5. Member
    Thanks guys!
    CH

1990 Ranger 365V Comanche with Yamaha 175 on a tandem axle ranger trailer. Why upgrade when this baby does the job just fine? They don\'t make them like this anymore! Even though it doesn\'t look like a fish/ski...I can mount a tripod and yank folks around on a tube, skis or whatever. Great for those hot-hot mid-day breaks. You won\'t find a prettier 21 year old Ranger. Not even one tear in the original seats.

6. Member
    Well I started tearing carpet off the hatches and already have an issue! The hatch is made of sandwiched fiberglass, wood and plastic. There's a gap between the plastic insert and the outer fiberglass and the hinge was attached with rivets that I can't reach. Any ideas? I'll try to post pics.
    CH

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Look in the restoration section, Hez redid his carpet recently and reconstructed his front deck extension and it came out really great! I’ve fished out of his boat and you wouldn’t know it didn’t come from the factory that way! He’s a good guy, will answer any questions you have. Good Luck! That’s a great boat and with new seats and carpet you will be enjoying a different boat! The BassCat carpet is thicker, more cushion and your feet will thank you!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

This company makes carpet for many boat manufacturers.

scroll the Dropbox for available colors

http://syntecind.com/marine/exterior...sor-collection

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caryhey View Post
    the hinge was attached with rivets that I can't reach. Any ideas?
    I'm dealing with the same issue. I drilled the rivets out and bored the holes for some 1/4x20 threaded inserts zzprs.jpg

I'll epoxy those in. I couldn't get truss head SS phillips screws in this size, so I'll probably have to grind the heads on the regular ones a little flatter (they're a bit too thick for the hinge).

I did the same inserts for the six chowdered-out screw holes that retain the running seat assembly. That worked well enough that I figured I'd give it a shot on the lids.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Look up nut serts! I use them for automotive stuff all the time. They come with a tool (if you buy a kit) that keeps them in place and you simply bolt down whatever you’re using. Many companies make them and if you buy the right ones they will last forever!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    Hey Cary, I used a drill and then a cut-off wheel on an die grinder to get in between the layers of the lid to remove the rivets. I then packed the gap on the hinge side of the lid with glass and resin to make it solid and strong enough to hold a short stainless hinge screw. The 3 other lid gaps were cleaned out and the new carpet tucked right in with a putty knife.

12. Member
    If you can get trailer stickers from ranger, paint it black, not that hard I did it.

I know you can take your boat to Ranger and they will fix the seats, carpet, and all new deck lids. I called them several years ago about it and seems like it was around $5000 but I'm not sure. There is a wait for them to do it and it could take a while but I would think it would be worth the wait. I have a 97 461 and it's still in really good shape but at some point in the future I would like to take mine down there and have it done.

14. Member
    Hey guys,
    I recently went to check the fit of my new windshields from Ranger. They certainly don't fit like the originals! You can actually see light between the plexiglass and boat. I'm very concerned that trying to screw them down will just crack them. Any thoughts on leveling compound, foam tape or anything else that may work???
    CH

15. Member
    I used a heat gun to soften it up a little for mine to fit.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caryhey View Post
    don't fit like the originals! You can actually see light between the plexiglass and boat.
    Coming late to the thread... the rubber grommets should fit proud of the FG and hold the windscreen up a bit (1/16" ?)

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

17. Member
    I thought of that too! Question is how much heat??? ;-)
    CH

18. Member
    The Basscat carpet is very nice BTW. A little off of original color but that's fine.
    CH

19. Member
    thumbs up
    CH

20. Member
    If you go with a hotfoot, make sure you place it far enough inboard that the hold-down screws don't go through the hull. The easiest way I found to mount one is use stainless nut-headed self tapping screws from Lowes, a nut driver in a portable drill and that way you can just screw them blind behind the pedal easily. Takes about a minute.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast