Pickwick update?

We postponed a trip a few weeks ago because off all the flooding. We are thinking about Wednesday and Thursday if it would be worth it any kinda update as if Ramos are open around the dam, is the lake fishable? I’m sure it’s still high water but just wondering how it is thanks in advance

2. Member
    Not 100% sure what the lake looks like but looking at the TVA app, and knowing what the lakes are doing upstream of Pickwick, it's probably a mess. Checkout the TVA website: https://www.tva.gov/Environment/Lake-Levels/Pickwick and checkout the NOAA website that also provides lake level info: https://water.weather.gov/ahps/ . Hopefully someone on here can provide some more specific information for you.
    2014 BassCat PII
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    http://offthechartsboating.com

3. Member
    I fished it saturday, lake is back down to near winter pool. Lots of debris in the water and current is very strong. Water is starting to clear up, but still pretty muddy. I would not drive very far to fish it this week, and I believe rain is also in the forecast
    Ramps are usable but also have debris all over them

4. Member
    Downstream of Pickwick is still flooded - we came near the record. It's a mess.

5. Member
    First Time on Pickwick, at least on the lower end. I fished a Heartland a few years ago out of Florence but did not see much of the lake. Will be fishing at the end of the month going out of the Pickwick Landing area. Any suggestions on what to look for in my map study before then? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jrnyldo/Texas00 with condition we just had I would put in a Stateline boat ramp and fish Yellow Creek, check out the back side of Goat Island. If you go to the main lake I would first try the bird cage by Stateline island and then try Panther Creek. Just a few suggestion, I do good in Yellow Creek. I depend heavily on my down scan d sonar around the island in the middle of yellow creek. You just might hook up on some smallies. If you back towards the Tom Bigbee fish the rock pass the bridge. If the water is still up you will see what I am talking about. Hope this helps some.

7. Member
    Frosty03, thanks for the tips. Ran to Yellow creek from the Dam and didn't see much that made me want to make that run again. Fished Alot of cuts on teh way back and think I have a plan. I am thinking the fish will be coming to me based on what we saw and the bite should just get better over the next week. Will let you all know how it goes.