2000 20 extreme wood transom?

I guess I was under the impression 98 was the last year for wood. I just saw one for sale with the transom rooted out. They cut the top cap and sure enough it was wood.

Quote Originally Posted by imthemedic View Post
    I guess I was under the impression 98 was the last year for wood. I just saw one for sale with the transom rooted out. They cut the top cap and sure enough it was wood.
    That is pretty interesting.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    was it rehulled under the recall? mine says all composite for what that is worth?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

After talking with a reputable boat fiberglass guy, he says that he had fixed a few of those boats. All of them had wood transoms and various other areas have wood. Composite construction apparently doesn't mean 100% no wood.

5. Member
    It can say "All composite" - but all a composite material is defined as is a combination of materials. It doesn't say that the boat is made with nothing but Coosa board, or kevlar, or lead, or solid gold. A transom made with a premium grade treated wood, fully impregnated with waterproofing resin and encapsulated in a fiberglass shell would be a "composite" that you'd still see wood shavings come out when installing a transducer. I wish some of the folks that worked at Stratos around the 97-99 timeframe where the nomenclature "changeover" happened on most models could chime in on what - if any- structure changes happened.

6. Member
    Repair the transom with "Seacast".Watch you tube on how to repair correctly.Looks like a lot of work if done correctly but some of the fiberglass repair shops say its a great product(I am sure there are some negative reviews on the product)when finished the repaired transom is supposed to be even stronger than the original.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"