Thread: Falcon question

Falcon question

Saw the Falcons in person for the first time at the East TN fishing show. Really liked them. Can anybody tell me the purpose of the extra part behind the seat back? I believe I saw it just on the F195. It looked like some extra brace there or something. Not really sure.
    2000 Champion 186
    '98 Yamaha 150

2. Member
    Those humps behind the seats are in the F205’s. Those are the fuel tank lids. The fuel tank in the 205 is an L shaped tank that goes from under the seats, but then goes up behind the seats to the top of the back deck. Those are just a flare they put on them to make it look different and also cover up the fuel tank lids. The fuel tank in the 215 is under the floor board of the boat. Not 100% sure on the 195 but I know it has a smaller tank than the 215 and 205.

3. Member
    Oh ok. Yea guess it was a 205. Any pros and cons to the design? Trip hazard on back deck Before guys get used to it?? Just wondering.

4. Member
    No on the trip hazard. I was a bit concerned when I was looking at the 205 but in short order you forget they are even there.

5. Member
    We didn’t have an issue on the F205 we ran as a demo.

6. Member
    No hazards. Just some more bling!

7. Member
    Can they build one without them? To me they are another gel coat to keep from fading and something for people to step on and scratch up.

8. Member
    I don’t think so. But it’s just on the 205. The 215 and 195 don’t have them. On the 205 they are built onto the back of the seat panel. So it’s there for good. They don’t get in the way.