Mercury Vessel View Mobile

Mercury is running a promotion on vessel view mobile until March 31, 2019. The sale price is $149.99 plus tax. I wasn't aware of this promo until I saw Tim Horton's post on Twitter, so I just thought I'd pass the word along.
    Mike
    2012 Tracker PT 175 TXW

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It's a really good deal. Been mentioned in the other forums several times- but there are still some smaller engines here that are Smartcraft Compatible.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Just installed the Vessel View on my new 2019 40 and never started the motor and it detected a fault. The fault was about a horn? Go figure since the boat did not have any gauges other than speed I thought for 150 bucks it would be worth the investment. Hopefully this fault will not show up after I start the engine.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Hog Pa View Post
    Just installed the Vessel View on my new 2019 40 and never started the motor and it detected a fault. The fault was about a horn? Go figure since the boat did not have any gauges other than speed I thought for 150 bucks it would be worth the investment. Hopefully this fault will not show up after I start the engine.
    Does your warning horn sound a "test beep" at keyup? The PCM runs a test on the horn- not only to sound the horn, but to verify the resistance value seen on the circuit.

If the fault is displayed as active- there is indeed a problem in the circuit. Good idea to open a separate thread in the 4-stroke forum if you need assistance with that item.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks EuropeanAM i will look at the 4 stroke forum for info

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSD View Post
    Mercury is running a promotion on vessel view mobile until March 31, 2019. The sale price is $149.99 plus tax. I wasn't aware of this promo until I saw Tim Horton's post on Twitter, so I just thought I'd pass the word along.
    Tempting promotion, but I have a question: can the vessel view mobile device be run WITH the regular in-dash smartcraft sc1000 gauge? I've seen that there's a cap you move over to the vessel view harness, but is that where I can plug the sc1000 harness?

Reason I'm asking is my late 2001 'smartcraft ready' 225 Optimax has nothing now, planning on adding the sc1000, but for now thought the quick and dirty VVM would give me the temp readings to keep from hurting my Opti until I add the sc1000? The thing I DON'T like about the vvm is that I heard every time you shut your motor down you have to 're-link' the bluetooth device with your iPhone. I move spots a lot and that would be a bummer. I've had smartcraft before and I like turning the key and it lights up on it's own. Better yet would just be a analog temp gauge in a dash hole.
    Fish frequently, my friends! ----------<')))><
    2001 Triton TR20, 225L OptiMax, 26" Tempest Plus, Serial No: PT345686

7. Member
    Will VVM work for my 1B379121 2006 175 Optimax?

8. Member
    Although I'm 90% certain it will, that's a good question to post in the 2.5L forum (what your engine is) one below this one.

EDIT TO ADD:

There are two Smartcraft topics at the top of the 3L forum that would apply to most Smartcraft capable engines, there are some exceptions and is one reason why serial numbers are so important. Posting in the correct forum will normally result in quicker response times.
    Last edited by SilverFox579; 03-24-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

9. Member
    Anyone know the necessities needed to purchase to link my Mercury to HDS gen 1?
    I have a Mercury 1B379121 2006 175 Optimax.
    Looking to connect engine gauges to Lowrance HDS8 gen1 unit?
    Is this possible?
    Thanks

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by webbow View Post
    Anyone know the necessities needed to purchase to link my Mercury to HDS gen 1?
    I have a Mercury 1B379121 2006 175 Optimax.
    Looking to connect engine gauges to Lowrance HDS8 gen1 unit?
    Is this possible?
    Thanks
    2.5L forum one below this one and the two links I mentioned at top of the 3L forum.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax