Relocating outside Hot springs?

I'm looking for a place outside of Hot springs like Royal,The dam area or a little north.I see a ton of stuff for sale in Hot springs village,why is that as to me that's not a good sign?Any ideas who to contact that can keep me up to date on new listings?Thanks

2. Member
    You would be alot happier in the Royal area than the Village, you are way closer to the lake and closer to town if you need anything and still far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet
    2017 Tracker Pro Team 17 TXW 60hp 4stroke

3. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I know Trademark reality is pretty decent to work with. I would suggest coming down and looking at all areas, It's kind of a smorgasbord around here. Lot of areas to pick from. If you come PM me and maybe we can get on the water while you are here.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

4. Member
    It depends on what type of place your looking for in the Village. Older houses can be found for a good price. A lot of the houses in the Village built around 2004-2007 are way over priced due to the market at that time. Lots houses on the market right now which isn't helping the used market. New market isn't bad. Now this is just an observation by someone who has lived in the Village for almost 15 years. Depending on where you are in the Village you can get to the east end of Ouachita and Hamilton in 20-30 minutes or less. The Village is still a good place to live.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Tom, I sent ya a PM, I too will be relocating over that way, soon as I give up flying. I spend a good bit of time over that way. Hot springs can get a little too congested for me at least, but overall
    gene
    22 BassCat Lynx
    22Mercury proXS
    Hummingbird/garmin
    ALX rods/Shimano /Lews
    Maxwell Flying inc

6. Member
    Everyone will have a different opinion, come down and spend some time. For me I live 25 miles from Hot Springs and if I relocate it will be to Mtn Home.

I live here and have since 85. Personally, Hot Springs has lost its charm. But, for those new to the area, I get it. As far as location, the South and West areas are the areas of growth. I live within a rocks throw of the Fish Hatchery and the growth in this area is noticable. The area between Pearcy and Bonnerdale is also a nice area. Rural but still close enough to town to get things done without taking a days drive. I'd be glad to help answer any questions, should you have any. Just drop me a line.

8. Member
    Thanks for replying,Two reasons for the area to the westside of Hot Springs is my kid works for Garland County and Lake Ouachita and the Ouachita national Forest.I don't really care for Hot Springs itself,just want to be within reach of medical and shopping without it taking up half the day.

9. Member
    I actually live in Royal and have a friend who's wife is a good real estate agent that lives out this way too. You can PM me questions if you like. Ironically her family is from Wisconsin.

10. Member
    Royal is a nice area. Stay away from old bear road. I live on lake Hamilton but am 17 miles from crystal springs on lake ouachita. Gary West sells a lot in my area. Dont remember what agency he sells for. Percy isn't too bad, school traffic can be a pain at times though.
    Nick McDaniel

11. Member
    I live in the village and wouldn’t care to live in town. It’s close enough if we want to go eat or something, but starting about now it gets crazy with all the tourists in town. I live 3 miles in from the west gate, and it’s 12 miles from my driveway to the Ouachita state park boat ramp. I can see the appeal of living close to Mountain Harbor, but I’m a lot closer to other areas of the lake, North Shores, Buckville, Iron Fork Creek. not to mention the 10 lakes in the village.

In my case, I’m getting close to retirement age and took a relocation with my company. In other words they paid me to move here, and pay me to live and work here. I have no intention of going anyplace else.

When we moved here 6 years ago the real estate in the village was MUCH cheaper than in Hot Springs proper. We were able to get a lot more house for our money here. And I have no close neighbors, live on a wooded lot on a dead end road. Ideal setup for us.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Quote Originally Posted by 501nmc View Post
    Royal is a nice area. Stay away from old bear road. I live on lake Hamilton but am 17 miles from crystal springs on lake ouachita. Gary West sells a lot in my area. Dont remember what agency he sells for. Percy isn't too bad, school traffic can be a pain at times though.
    Correct. There is quite a bit of lakefront property outside Hot Springs proper without the traffic and such. Also Lake Hamilton boat traffic is seasonal from about Memorial Day until Labor Day.... I would look at lakefront property on Lake Hamilton outside the city in the more rural type settings.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA