Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black box livescope

ordered my livescope ducer package the other day .

Checking to see where people are mounting the black box.

saw one person who mounted it on the deck , that seems cumbersome.

Using the 6 ft cable provided i could mount it in the front of a storage compartment I have right in front of the console.

My power for both head unit and box would come from my fuse block under the console that feeds my Lowrance HDS units.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flatstick View Post

Using the 6 ft cable provided i could mount it in the front of a storage compartment I have right in front of the console.

My power for both head unit and box would come from my fuse block under the console that feeds my Lowrance HDS units.
    mounted mine yesterday on the side of the front locker. Its out of the way and protected.

3. Member
    Mine's in the front port side locker.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

4. Banned
    Storage compartment for me.

5. Member
    Front/Starboard storage compartment...this is just to the side of the trolling pedal.

IMG_4602.jpg IMG_4515.jpg
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

6. Member

What boat? Mine is under my trolling motor tray at the forward area of the open rod storage , 2014 Bass Tracker 190TX. I wanted to put it in the port storage locker but the cable connector is too large to route it through.

7. Member

That's the way mine played out. Be sure and stay within the length of the network cable.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DOFC View Post
    That's the way mine played out. Be sure and stay within the length of the network cable.
    You can extend the network cable.

9. Member
    Thanks for the ideas so far .

My Skeeter has a compartment on the starboard side that should work out well .

I will be able to reach with the 6ft cable from there .

My compartment runs up to the bow of the boat and getting wires to the head unit and back to the box will be easy

Here is a link to what the boat looks like on the front deck, not my boat but the same layout compartment wise.

Was going to do under the trolling motor tray but would like easier access .

http://www.lake-marina.com/img/renta...zx195c_005.jpg

10. Member
    Getting mine this this week. Can the box get wet? Is it ok to mount it in a place that occasionally gets water? The front of my boat has a little over hang at the front of the boat. Basically an area covered on 3 sides.

I thought about mounting mine in a storage compartment. Here in Texas, the heat index today was 113 degrees. The black box generates heat which is why it has cooling fins. I could not justify sealing it in a hot damp storage compartment. Therefore, I mounted it under the driver console. It is protected from the sun and rain with plenty of air for cooling.

12. Member
    I did the same

13. Member
    002.JPGi mounted all my power in storage in front of console, 10 ga from battery to fuse panel, 10 ga from fuse panel to bow, steadycast,network expander,panoptics black box,cut off switch from battery to front is located at battery

14. Member
    some nice mount there . thanks for the pics

15. Member
    So, it looks like a 1-1/4" hole is needed to pass the big LS transducer cable through. I have an Alweld aluminum boat with a big roomy front locker. I want to mount my GLS10 box in there and have the Echomap up front. I can fish the network and power cables thru an existing 3/4" grommet in the locker to the bow, but not the big LS connector. So I pretty much have to drill a new hole thru the side of the locker, and put a rubber grommet on it.

The LS came with two extra snap-on lock rings and o-rings, I guess this is in case you cut off the existing connector lock ring to run the cable? then you only need a 1" ID hole to pass the cable. I want to make the hole as small as possible. Very interested in how y'all have routed this big cable from the deck into a locker.

16. Member
    I just cut the end off of one of my top rod tubes. Mounted black box in port rod locker and ran bolts thru into middle box and used washers and nuts. Very easy install. Power is in nose under front panel. Works great.
    04 Ranger 520VX
    17 Mercury 225 Pro XS

Yes, you can cut the ring off the connector. However, the replacement ring that came with your unit will not fit. Garmin does sell the replacement ring but make sure you get the right part number. Call Garmin to get the part number. You might also check the accessories tab on the LiveScope webpage on the Garmin website.

18. Member
    What do the replacement rings fit?

19. Member
    I wanted to keep the weight of the box aft, so I ordered the transducer extension cable and the 6 meter network cable and mounted the GLS10 in the rear compartment near the cranking battery. I run lithium batteries so the reduced battery weight already make my boat bow heavy balance wise so it was important to me to get the weight aft.

Quote Originally Posted by jawjatek View Post
    What do the replacement rings fit?
    On second thought, check the size. I ordered an extension cable so maybe I needed a second one for the extension cable. Call Garmin Monday and get the part number. Then cut off the ring. If the one in the box does not fit, then order the new one.
    Last edited by j791; 06-23-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast