Thread: Toledo Bend

Toledo Bend

Anybody been Toledo Bend on either the LA or TX side? Planning on taking my son for a long weekend trip end of march or first of april for his 12th Bday which is 3/20

any places you stayed at the you liked?
    2017 Tracker Pro Team 17 TXW 60hp 4stroke

2. Member
    Not Toledo but I've snuck a boat down with me on work trips to Rayburn. For the difference in time, I'd think about staying between the 2 lakes. Gives you a chance to fish either lake or both. The Texas board can probably give you some good suggestions on places to stay as well.

3. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Fished from the La side, stayed at a resort and fished Rayburn and stayed at a condo, good idea about staying in middle if one don't suit you the other probably will.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

4. Member
    Have stayed at Bridge Bay318-256-6604 few times. They have cabins, motel, boat slips and centrally located but big water. Older but nice enough on Louisianna side of Pendleton Bridge, good luck.

5. Member

we just got back from the south west side of the Bend. Pretty awesome place. Should be a fun trip.

6. Member
    I fished the Open down there this year and had a ball In practice I went down for a weekend in Jan one in early Feb then for the tournament. It was a blast except my tournament didn't go as planned. I stayed at a buddies cabin. He said the months of Mar-April it gets packed on the weekends so prepare for that. People were really friendly and tackle was easy to find. I fished pretty much south of the bridge to the dam Run the boat lanes is all I can say. That was the main reason I went down so early was to figure that out. When the wind blows it can get hairy in a hurry awesome place though I caught fish every where just nothing giant but man it has the fish. I stayed in the negreet arm and caught a lot of fish in it, but I fished most of that area to the dam. Good luck and enjoy your time, the one thing i did find was there was way more people fishing down there than up here. At one time I had 18 boats around me in a large arm (pocket) and it was during the week. Boat traffic/fishing boats are everywhere you will not find many places to yourself down there.