Ultrex 80 for 2002 Sabre?

Anyone install an Ultrex on an older Sabre? Wondering how the foot pedal will fit in the recessed area? Also wondering what everyone is using for a circuit breaker? My boat has two sets of wires that run to the bilge area from the plug from the TM and each is hooked up to a separate 12 volt battery making up my 24 volt system

2. Member
    Does anyone possibly know if the recessed area has been changed on the Sabre since then??

3. Member

4. Member
    Thanks. I did find this thread though lol. That’s why I was wondering if the recessed area has changed since. Thanks for checking

5. Member
    I have put the Ultrex on several Sabres, although I can't tell you the year models. The only problem is the strain relief on the footpedal is tight against the plug. I've solved this by hard wiring - taking the wires through the plug panel and connecting to the receptacle, and placing a cutoff breaker at the batteries. This is OK for a two wire system, but a little more involved if your Sabre is a 4 wire system. Let me know if I can help.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    My Sabre is a 4 wire system. Though I ave 6ga wire that I was going to pull to the bow to hard wire the trolling motor and putting a 60 amp cutoff back in the bilge area. I've been researching a lot of the wiring threads that you have posted on so I think I'm good to go. Thanks for the help John

7. Member
    It should have 6ga wire, even the 4 wire system, in place. Just use a positive and negative, then make the appropriate changes at the battery.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    Ok John. I'll double check when I get my boat back as it's in storage now. I was thinking for some reason it was only 8-10ga. Thanks for the help!

Ultrex 80 pedal fit just fine in my 1997 Eyra. Factory recessed pedal. Little tight but it works.
    I changed my 4-wire setup to 2-wire, removing the Marinco plug up front and going with a 90 degree Battery Tender disconnect.

10. Member
    Was your 4 wire system 6ga wire or did you have to pull new?

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Was your 4 wire system 6ga wire or did you have to pull new?
    It was 6 gauge.