Thumbs Up Toledo Bend Questions and Help Please

I am planning to take my 11yr old will be 12 on 3/20 to Toledo Bend to fish. We are from Hot Springs AR and we fish Lake Hamilton and Lake Ouachita very well and I know the patterns and stuff here. I am posting this in the Texas Board as well as here to see what you guys think about what part of the Lake to fish we are coming last weekend of March or first weekend of April. Now mind you I have a 18ft Polar Kraft Cherokee with a 40hp Force so I cant run end to end on the lake like you guys at 75 lol

I have read that I should stay north on the lake or even central because that is where it warms up first

any ideas suggestions?

I found few places to stay on VRBO one in Shelbyville, TX this one is right down the road from Huxley Bay Marina and is my first choice one in Zwolle, LA and one in Milam, TX any other suggestions?

Also I understand that the Louisiana Non Resident Fishing Lic is $5 per day and that is it. I looked on the Texas F&G site and it looks like the Non Res is $16 per day plus some other fee is that true?

sorry for the long post just trying to give my boy a happy birthday getaway while my wife and his sister go to Biloxi Beach MS lol
    2017 Tracker Pro Team 17 TXW 60hp 4stroke

2. Member
    Check out cabins at the Sabine River Authority sites on the LA side of the lake, purchase the out of state license at $5.00 per day. Mid lake fishing should be good. Your out of state license is good on either side of the lake, so you can launch anywhere.

http://www.srala-toledo.com/
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

3. Member
    I would watch the rain fall. I fished the north end Saturday and it was very muddy. Sunday I fished mid lake and the water was a lot better but the fishing was poor right now with the weather conditions. It will pickup soon if this weather will ever act right

With a smaller boat you can just trailer to any area you want to fish. That was how I always did it. Just get a good map.

5. Member
    BIGSteve I will look for you we will be staying at the same place and arriving the same day we will fish wednesday thru saturday we have a company tourney there on saturday.