Time for a new helmet, went with a Schuberth C4

Man technology in helmets has jumped leaps and bounds. This one has built in comm systems including mic, speakers and radio. I added a Ram Mount to the handlebars for my phone which I will use for GPS. Everything is Bluetooth to my helmet. I can control most everything by talking to "Siri". This one is modular with a fog shield built in. I've got a few older helmets around here, mainly 1/2 and 3/4's. At a hair over 4 pounds this one is considered a "heavy" helmet. It's aerodynamic enough that riding in a cold misty rain the other day the rain just came right off the shield. Hopefully all the technology in the comm system holds up well.

I have a lightweight 1/2 helmet, a Harley Brand that weighs virtually nothing. That one is my fav for short summer rides.

Something about plugging a charger into my helmet after riding just doesn't seem right to an older guy.

Wow, that would be nice on cooler days for sure. You have a link to it?

3. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    That's one nice helmet, I bought a Shoei last fall. It is amazing the way helmets are built today.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Wow, that would be nice on cooler days for sure. You have a link to it?
    https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/schuberth-c4-helmet

The Shoei Air is a great helmet as well.

5. Member
    Picked up this one back in the fall...

https://www.ls2helmets.us/modular/valiant

6. Member
    I've been wanting to get one but everyone tells me that the CP 3 Pro is better, no place around here stocks them to compare in person. How was the fit sizing, same size as you normally wear or did you have to go larger?

7. Member
    Same size as I normally wear. It’s much easier to get on if I raise the modular face shield. The neck roll fits good and snug. As for which one is “better or best”. I’d say that’s all a personal call on your head shape and riding style.