Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    some folks get too invested in whatever boat they own pretty much everyone that is building boats are building good boats buy what is best for you .

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Triton 20TRX Patriot 250 Merc 4/stroke $57,595. None better.
    Compare, drive and fish in a Skeeter ZX250.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    You will get skewed results asking that question on these forums.
    My advice is to set up list of all the things that matter and apply a points system to it such as 1 to ten for the items that are most important to you and 1-5 for the minor ones. Rate them on your preference and research, add up the points then make a decision.
    For me it is following, could be entirely different for you, boats I would not even put on my list may very be the best option for you. Just for an example I would rather have a 3 year old BassCat than a new Nitro. I am not bashing Nitro at all, for many they are the best value, they just fall short for my personal requirements and what I consider Best Value
    BassCat
    Phoenix
    Ranger
    Charger

Well said
    Brad Krone

4. Member
    was never impressed with Tritons, then my son bought one. Awesome boat , fast ,rides great and fishes great too
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

5. Member
    “Value” is going to be different to the buyer at different points in their lives. Make a list of what is really important to you and go shopping. Stick to the list and you’ll come out its what’s valuable to you.

I’ve owned all kinds of brands over the years, a few of them multiple copies. If you really want to see strong resale try buying a 10 year old Allison in good condition. The lower the volume the more you’ll likely find the demand. That doesn’t meant it’s right for YOU!

6. Banned
    I thought I wanted a new bass rig until I saw the price for the ones I wanted. I couldn’t justify the cost for a hobbie, my wife doesn’t give two sh@#s about fishing so dropping $50 plus grand on a 18-19 ft rig (Canadian cost) to satisfy my fishing habit didn’t seem fair even though I did get the green light. I looked around and found a 3 season old ranger with 18 hrs on it with motor warranty and hull transfer warranty. Ranger was one of the boats I was looking at and was also the most expensive. Not only was I able to get the boat I wanted, I also saved thousands of dollars. Was a win win but everyone has their own point of view and thought so...

7. Member
    If i was looking new . Phoenix or Bass Cat would be first ones i checked into.

8. Banned
    Phoenix or Triton IMO.

9. Member
    They are all wonderful boats but if you don't have a good dealer close, they can all suck equally.

10. Member
    I shipped them all from several dealers. Skeeter was cheapest, nitro rigged the same was 2k more. Phoenix was also about 2k more. Everything else was 5k or more above the Skeeter

As all have said. Gotta look at em and rank em with what you want in a boat. I have owned tracker fiberglass before they named it nitro, have a buddy who just bought a nitro, I have owned triton and came out of that for Phoenix. I looked at Legend(gone) basscat charger and Phoenix before stepping out of a triton. Charger was slow on the return calls and catalog, like 6 months late after multiple calls and emails. And I live less than an hour from their factory.

Basscat and Phoenix make a killer boat, all the models. Nitro good deal, some of the aesthetics and base electronics needing upgrading(I wanted) made it almost a wash, almost more, whenever it came to basscat and phoenix with what they have as base electronics without upgrading. Phoenix fit my likes better. Storage, look etc.

When it it comes to value don’t forget customer service. Basscat and Phoenix from what i have seen, heard and actually had to use.....are wayyyyy better than anyone.

Ride in em, climb around em, sit in the seat on the water, open lids, look at livewell, look at carpet, look at console(plastic, pleather, etc, in the end it’s your money get what fits you, especially buying new which will come with warranty and customer service matters when it comes to that.
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

12. Member
    Vexus and caymas coming out soon

Do yourself a favor and call Joe at the Charger factory to price a 496.
    Charger 210 Elite

14. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    $53,995 for a Phoenix 721 ProXP https://phoenixbassboats.com/ Maybe "none better" is over the top.............

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Triton 20TRX Patriot 250 Merc 4/stroke $57,595. None better.

16. Banned
    Surprised the Blazer 625 Pro Elite hasn't been mentioned. Definitely at/near the top of my list when time to upgrade

17. Member
    I chose a Falcon when faced with the same choice... and traveled over 1000 miles to get it. That said, many of the package boats stood out for me including Triton, Phoenix and Skeeter. I just felt like I got a custom ordered and configured boat at a package boat price with the Falcon.

18. Member
    DoingIT, have you checked with local dealers for promo staff boats? There are a few here on BBC that will presell rigs. You can really save major dollars if you're willing to wait. Some of these folks really pamper their rigs knowing in a year it needs to go. They are not as plentiful as they were 20 years ago, but they ARE still out there. Most come with new, or darn near new warranties. Just an idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12